Discuss Garage installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So I’m installling a garage DB 63a 30ma RCD
With. 6a and 32a mcb Using 2.5 swa from the consumer unit what would the rated needed for protection on the house DB?

Last edited by a moderator:
is the 2.5mm SWA alreadyinstalled?or are you installing it?

Yeah is currently a spurred cable off a ring 32a mcb in the DB than 2.5 to the spurred fused switch then the swa running to the garage the a nother fused switch with a spurred double socket and a single light and switch
[automerge]1580759074[/automerge]
Sorry mA, pig ---- for fingers

in that case it'd poor practice to fit a sub main in the garage. you're stuck with what you have.

If it's currently fed off a ring through an FCU whats the issue? If you are only running a 2.5mm SWA then there cant be a lot of load??

No but wanted to increase to 3 double sockets on radial and a addition lamp

Nothing to stop you adding as many sockets as you want, maximum load will be 13a but generally that's ample capacity for a garage, unless you have a couple of freezers and a tumble dryer for example

Ok cool no only one little chest freezer! Think I need to sort this first
[automerge]1580761543[/automerge]
6964710E-DFEF-46DB-96FA-E0AE84310F0F.jpeg

Reply to Garage installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Replacing DB’s with all singing all dancing RCBO’s Problem’s we have now…Existing installation consisted of DB Grd Floor.. DB 1st Floor…Grd Floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, if getting back to the CU is not an option, instead of spurring off a socket via a Sfs putting the rating down to 13a. Could you spur off the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
Hi, just helping someone out and apologies for the long winded post. Would like install a couple of weatherproof double sockets on the patio. 1...
Replies
Views
Ok, most new Consumer unit seem to come with a 63A RCCB and two MCBs. Most house consumer units now will also have RCD of some type be it a dual...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock