Discuss Green Deal & Eco Funds in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

www.gov.uk/government/publications/green-deal-assessment-survey-summary-report

Some really interesting stats in the data backing today's report. Seems to be loads of boiler replacements and insulation were already being considered - no surprises there. SWI being considered more than I's anticipated but that's going to happen via ECO if at all - and that could still be quite a way off being sorted. Looks as though around 150 plans done if it's one measure/plan - less plans if there are multiple installations on each plan.

I wonder how many are British Gas boiler replacements? I'd hazard a guess that GD is a better finance option than BG's own finance.

watch the sting in the tail though lads - ECO funding is available on an annual basis at capped limits, once those limits are reached the funding taps will switch off entirely until the next financial year.

So what's better than a freebie? Something that can delivery a pipeline of work year round that's not entirely dependent upon the whims of government & energy companies, and quotas.

I'm sticking with solar being the better bet in the short, medium and long term, though I'm sure that with the broad skill set you'll have to be developing with ECO etc that there will also be plenty of work down the line in those fields regardless of the eco / green deal angle, so it's all good as long as you keep an eye on the fat lady as she prepares to sing each year for Eco funding.

Can pellet boilers be installed on the ECO deal?

If the customer is eligible they will qualify for Eco funding but they would have to either green deal finance the rest towards the installation cost or they would have to dig deep in their pockets

Hows the ECO funding structured in that situation? Is it that the ECO grant pays a set amount and the customer can fund anything above that amount?

Reply to Green Deal & Eco Funds in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net