Discuss Hager Circuit Breakers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Clarkey65

I have just got off the phone to a builder i am doing some work for who says he won't let me use Hager Circuit Breakers as they don't meet british standards. Now i am looking at their brochure and it clearly says they do. Has anyone else had this problem? Nothing is ever straight forward!!!!!!!!

They do, its marked on them for all to see. That said, he's paying so use something he likes, take the money and move on with everyone happy.

Never heard of that before!

Builders always think they know best. Much more qualified than an electrician to advise on this sort of thing!!!!!!

If they didn't meet British/CE Standards they wouldn't be allowed to sell them in the UK!! Tell this builder he's talking out of his arse!! and to stick to things he knows about, which certainly isn't Electrical work!! lol!!

Lol, typical builders. At least this one can read !
When you look at the modern Hager MCBs you will not see anywhere BS EN 60898 on it. Or any other obvious BSI EN markings.
As far as i can remember all protective devices must have some identification markings to show they comply with the appropriate European standards and in this case it is most likely contained from the VDE number tucked away around the side.

However, Hager, being a multi-national company (manufactured in France) probably don't consider the views of a British Builder.

Lol, typical builders. At least this one can read !
When you look at the modern Hager MCBs you will not see anywhere BS EN 60898 on it. Or any other obvious BS EN markings.
As far as i can remember all protective devices must have some identification markings to show they comply with the appropriate European standards and in this case it is most likely contained from the VDE number tucked away around the side.

However, Hager, being a multi-national company (manufactured in France) probably don't consider the views of a British Builder.

Just had a look at a spare Hager RCBO i have in the cupboard, it is marked with BS EN 61009/IEC 1009 and has the CE prominently displayed!! Exactly the same as a MG/Schneider spare RCBO i have...

Yep, talking out of his arse. BS number is on the side, rather than the front. As Tony said fit what he wants, just charge him Hager prices!

I also would tell him you'll fit whatever make he likes as long as he'll cover any labour costs for warranty claims.

Why Not...lol!!

I would but its failed twice to upload my pictures

Lets try this one.... Gorilla.jpg I understand now. My files are too large Lol

Nowt wrong with that mcb. The CE mark is all that is required - it means that the item conforms to relevant European standards applicable to it and has been self certified as such by the manufacturer.

This should help:
CE mark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell the builder to jog on. Just for that I would use Hager stuff on the job and let him burn!
Actually, I do use Hager mostly. I reckon it's about the best designed stuff on the market.

Fit schneider (merlin) mcb's etc and then charge him as he will be paying nearly twice the price but can't argue with the quality at least, tell him the price hagar are after and that they are fully complient, then enquire as to where he got his info from.

Reply to Hager Circuit Breakers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net