• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Help! Never seen this before! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Steve93

Trainee Access
I am installing solar to a house and this is there main incoming. I can’t see an Earth anywhere but test ZS across L-N coming out at 0.20. Then with gas bond disconnected is 0.38! But we only have gas bonding. No other earth anywhere. Anyone had this?

37F43B79-3893-478B-A370-720DC30C907D.jpeg

F8C5877A-6A8E-4B16-90E9-5D66621AF2BA.jpeg

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
You say Zs across L-N...

What about the true Ze or Zdb?

Could be someone had converted it to TNCS without DNO.

What about a pic of the main earth terminal in the cu? And a wider shot showing all the incoming gear.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
I am installing solar to a house and this is there main incoming. I can’t see an Earth anywhere but test ZS across L-N coming out at 0.20. Then with gas bond disconnected is 0.38! But we only have gas bonding. No other earth anywhere. Anyone had this?

View attachment 44800

View attachment 44801
Top right hand side of Pic DP MCB with TWECC coming out at the bottom, looks damaged to me where it bends into the enclosure, or do I need to go to Specsavers?

Steve93

Trainee Access
You say Zs across L-N...

What about the true Ze or Zdb?

Could be someone had converted it to TNCS without DNO.

What about a pic of the main earth terminal in the cu? And a wider shot showing all the incoming gear.
Sorry zdb is what I ment. Here is a full pic and there is no main earth terminal. The 6’m gas bond goes from db to the gas meter. There are a couple of dbs that there earths go back to this ‘main’ db. But this main db only has gas bond earth in it. Nothing else

9E8783C8-8C0F-4EA0-BC95-56C037093F0D.jpeg

D6C56C7F-77EC-4DAA-A2C1-46F0FB91B37C.jpeg

Andy78

Respected Member
Top right hand side of Pic DP MCB with TWECC coming out at the bottom, looks damaged to me where it bends into the enclosure, or do I need to go to Specsavers?
It's a burry pic but I think that's a 100A DP isolator with red/black T&E passing through brown/blue shrouds of some sort.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
looks like some cowboy has taken a T/E feed from that D/P switch and split the cores.

Reactions: DPG

Steve93

Trainee Access
It's a burry pic but I think that's a 100A DP isolator with red/black T&E passing through brown/blue shrouds of some sort.
Yes that’s right which was done by meter fitter. This could be a multitude of problems. But atm I neee to find an earth

Pete999

Forum Mentor
An earth rod outside direct to CU earthbar?

Andy78

Respected Member
Can’t see how tho as there is one 6mm earth in db which is gas bond
Could be a much smaller cable to the rod. Readings you are getting would not make me think rod though.

Supp bonding from cpc to pipework that is shared with next door's pipework that is bonded and connected to their PME ?

Steve93

Trainee Access
Could be a much smaller cable to the rod. Readings you are getting would not make me think rod though.

Supp bonding from cpc to pipework that is shared with next door's pipework that is bonded and connected to their PME ?
It’s a old detached house which is a fair few meters away from neighbour. I am stumped atm

essex

Forum Mentor
It is not a DP MCB and it is not what the op asked for help on......

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.