Discuss HeLP, Were Do i Stand...... Don't want to lose out if theres a way...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think I would be sending in the certs thus setting my side of the contract as completed. Then it will be down to you to chase the company you work subby to for your cash. ~I would then chase payment through the standard means.

Send around 5 grizzly bikers to the bosses house and let them remind him that it would be a silly idea not to rip you off ensure you submit all certs beforehand, I find this usually has the desired effect as no company like having a visit in their own family space...

Its probably not advise you should take but I hate big companies dumping on the little business man from a great height, thus far I've reclaim all I have been owed by these kind of customers...

PS in the interest of the forum though ignore my above advise and take the correct legal route as already discussed... but I'm a bloke that has a lot of friends in the right places who owe mw a favour or two :ihih:
:ihih:

Lastly you cannot withhold certificates as a means to receiving moneys due, the certificate is part of the work you did and until you pass it over your work is not complete, you should not be requesting payments before certs are issued unless you have some form of written agreement in place by both parties, discuss with a lawyer first but I suspect his first advise would be to issue the cert's then follow standard invoices procedures with overdue statements etc after say 2 weeks of due date and a final demand after a further 2 weeks, this is when you then want to start employing a lawyer, I actually have a bank business account that provides this protection anyway and will take over legally after the final demand has been ignored.

Last edited:
The long and short of it is there should have been a purchase order and written agreement between you and the main contractor, if you have one see a solicitor, if you have not got one then more fool you, still see a solicitor but I would arrange a proper face to face meeting with the main contractor first to discuss a way forward, this will usually settle the matter or at least start a dialogue which could lead to a settlement.

Reply to HeLP, Were Do i Stand...... Don't want to lose out if theres a way...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net