Discuss Hi everyone, new to the Forum, no electrical knowledge in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

doing a quick mathematical calculation in the muddle of what used to be my bra=in. 20A divided by 2 is summat liek 10 A each side so a 13A plug containing a 13A fuse that won't ruprure below 20A fo about an hour seems to suugest theat the double socket rated at 20A will suffer overheating and might not outlast this thread.

doing a quick mathematical calculation in the muddle of what used to be my bra=in. 20A divided by 2 is summat liek 10 A each side so a 13A plug containing a 13A fuse that won't ruprure below 20A fo about an hour seems to suugest theat the double socket rated at 20A will suffer overheating and might not outlast this thread.
? Even I understand that calculation and reasoning. OMG ?

I reckon it's on a 32A dedicated cooker circuit, rather than on a 32A ring final. Impossible to say without being there though.

Personally I would see if someone on here can sort it out for you. I've got no confidence in your existing sparky based on some of the things he has said, and the way he left that socket and junction box.

I reckon it's on a 32A dedicated cooker circuit, rather than on a 32A ring final. Impossible to say without being there though.
All I know is that I was persuaded to have the 2 single ovens fitted in the same location as the old slot in cooker as then it wouldn't involve any upheaval by needing a new cable putting in if I were to chose a different location. Whilst the ovens were being wired up I had to flick off the cooker switch on the consumer board for him. So it points to him using a dedicated cooker circuit. However when I spoke to him today (and I wrote it down) he said 'wired off ring main 32 amp'. Maybe he got his wording wrong, he was in the middle of another job at the time...

All I know is that I was persuaded to have the 2 single ovens fitted in the same location as the old slot in cooker as then it wouldn't involve any upheaval by needing a new cable putting in if I were to chose a different location. Whilst the ovens were being wired up I had to flick off the cooker switch on the consumer board for him. So it points to him using a dedicated cooker circuit. However when I spoke to him today (and I wrote it down) he said 'wired off ring main 32 amp'. Maybe he got his wording wrong, he was in the middle of another job at the time...
If it is a dedicated cooker circuit does that mean everything, including the double socket is OK?

feel sorry for the spark. OP said he was in his 60's so too old to retrain as a wet-pants. then again, at 74. i can still tell that sh*t flows downhill, so it may not be too late.

feel sorry for the spark. OP said he was in his 60's so too old to retrain as a wet-pants. then again, at 74. i can still tell that sh*t flows downhill, so it may not be too late.
You know not all over sixties are able to retain their wet pants........

cos.......I'm pishing meself!!!!!!?

You know not all over sixties are able to retain their wet pants........

cos.......I'm pishing meself!!!!!!?
it can get to be a problem after 9 pints. finding the bog when you can't stand up is difficult at times.

tell me about it. doctors have tried to kill me off for years with mis-diagnoses. now they wnt to see if covid 19 will kill me. sod 'em. they can keep their witchcraft to themselves.

Reply to Hi everyone, new to the Forum, no electrical knowledge in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net