Discuss how to wire a pipe stat in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

simon mcnamee

I am looking to wire a pipe stat to my stove but dont know how to wire the junction box that the pump and stat go into, it would be well appreciated.

Is this a new install or existing. Do you know what you are trying to achieve by installing a pipe stat? Do you know how the system is plumbed? Not enough info provided.

Should we all get our crystal balls out and find out.

This is not the first and will not be the last where people ask questions without giving enough information. I thought most people on here where elctricians not clarevoyents.

the pipe stat is wired and the pump, i was told to run the both into a junction box but the pump just stays on and doesn't come on when at the chosen temp.

the pipe stat is a switch. when the pipe gets to a certain temperature the switch will close. permanent live one side of the stat, switched return from the stat will join to the pump. neutral straight to the pump. hope that makes sense.

the pipe stat is a switch. when the pipe gets to a certain temperature the switch will close. permanent live one side of the stat, switched return from the stat will join to the pump. neutral straight to the pump. hope that makes sense.
like what mark says, or when the pipe gets too hot, the stat opens and the pump stops.

Simon, I started to do a drawing for you but my judgement got the better of me. You obviously don’t know what you’re doing, please get someone that does!

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I will not be a party to giving information that could be misinterpreted.

Simon, I started to do a drawing for you but my judgement got the better of me. You obviously don’t know what you’re doing, please get someone that does!

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I will not be a party to giving information that could be misinterpreted.

have to agree, what you describe won't get you noticed for the latest NASA project, do you have a specific sticky point?, cause if you do ,fire away, i will help.

The problem being our OP hasn’t a clue either, that’s why I’ve washed my hands of it.

The last time I fitted a pipe/cylinder stat it came with good easy to follow instructions. OK as electricians we would take it for granted as to how to wire it up.

I don’t want to be accountable for a novice.

I am looking to wire a pipe stat to my stove but dont know how to wire the junction box that the pump and stat go into, it would be well appreciated.

Unfortunately there are several wiring systems and many more pipe stats & they use different connections, also we have no possible way of knowing how your Junction is wired to the rest of your system. Please get an Electrician in, it will be safer in the long run.

i'm going to fit a cylinder stat . Is it ok to wrap it round the header tank in the attic ?

Lol. I went to an S plan the other day. No hot water. Both valves at the boiler and whoever wired it couldnt be bothered to run a cable to the cylinder so they fitted the Cyl stat on the pipe just after the hot water valve. Brilliant!!

Reply to how to wire a pipe stat in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net