Discuss I had the best sparky's mate ever in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cogsey133

Hi since there has been a lot of moaning this week about various topics i thought i would start this thread to show sparkys can give the recognition people deserve when it is required. I have been working with my son all week who used to think bah its only a handful of wires you must have the easiest job in the world. He found out its not always the case and we were only installing trace heating cables! My son did everything i asked him to do the only questioning being, how does that work variety? He was working under some tanks at a distillers, at considerable height too, approx 100 feet up(he had to overcome his fear of heights quickly) and due to the nature of the environment he got bruised and battered trying to get in and out of confined spaces.

To his credit he came home and told his Mum "i changed my mind about dads job he gets up to all sorts and earns his money; there is more too it than i realised" which impressed me no end until he added "he's still a ----er though"

So guys i hereby give credit to my sparky's mate, my son and my friend who for the first time in a long time earned his own money and didn't hit me up for a tap....lol

That's a better story to be reading than all the bitching that's been going on. I have two sons I can't wait until they are old enough to come to work and give me a hand. Long time away yet tho

It was my dad that gave me the start in the construction industry and he taught me so much of what i know today, he always wanted me to learn as much as i could because in his words "why pay someone to do something you could do yourself". I can't wait to have a sprog of my own to hopefully pass some nuggetts of wisdom onto

My mates lad was leaving school and wanted to be a spark so my mate asked me to take him out for a taster,it was just before I packed in and was on a pig of a job anyway he worked away good style nothing was too much trouble for him,he went to college but couldn,t get a placement so he used to come round at night and I,d check his college work,worked with me for a few months and eventually got a job with a firm and is now fully qualified.Turned out he only got the job because he was more clued up than the other lads he was at college with,think it had something to do with college teaching him their way and me teaching him the real world way lol.

Its great when you can pass on your knowledge to the youngsters....it's even better when one of the youngsters happens to be your son. I was really chuffed to have him working with me this week.

My late dad got the plumbers mate to pipe in his washing machine so I 14 at the time asked why did you not get the plumber instead of the mate the reply was the mate is a better plumber than the plumber

Maybe he now realises you,re not such a useless old sod after all lol.My stepson thought I was just an old git till his head gasket went and he needed the car next morning,he was convinced I,d never manage it in time,got a lot more respect after that

Don't know about the old sod bit Phil but agreed maybe not useless. I particularly thought his add on to his mother was funny, maybe make a sarky sparky out of him yet....lol

Reply to I had the best sparky's mate ever in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net