Discuss Induction hob for preexisting 4mm T+E in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would use the term common sense other than tradition, out of interest given the info we have, what size cable would you select.?
[automerge]1594462859[/automerge]

My understanding is that is a surface install.
No it’s cables clipped to a surface embedded in plaster as detailed in the installation methods in appendix 4

Doh, I just double-checked the oven and it is 2,075 watts not 1900 watts.
Really that won't make any practical difference!

While it is recommended not to put any fixed loads over 2kW on a ring final circuit, a 13A socket is theoretically OK to 3kW but just don't use two heavy loads on a double socket as they are only rated to 20A (not the 26A expected from 2 * 13A outlets).

Reply to Induction hob for preexisting 4mm T+E in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, we had our gas hob removed months ago and finally just got round to putting an induction hob in. Its a normal 4 ring induction but one of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some clarification on MCB and cable sizes I need to run for a new kitchen. Cables will run through a combination of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just looking for a bit of advice here. I am considering swapping my existing 4 burner gas hob for a Bosch induction one. I am not proposing...
Replies
Views
Howdy experts, I normally run 6mm T+E for cooker circuits, housing authority spec. I'm changing my gas inbuilt double oven and hob for...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock