Discuss Install in Server room and ac unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

No there's no false floor, the servers will be at one side of the room and the ac unit will be on the other side. Nobody works within or near the room, it's a locked room. It's only purpose is for the server. As for leaks I'd imagine the caretaker of the building will do some inspection whilst cleaning?
I'm assuming the A/C installation, is the split type system whereby there will be inner and outer units.
The only water that is likely to be present will be in the form of condensate, produced by the cooling and de-humidification produced from the Evap unit within the server room, which in all honesty won't be very much, a condensate pump and well installed pipework will cut the rish to almost nil, regular maintenance and temperature checks will suffice imo. Before anyone comments on my extensive knowledge of A/C work, I did a 2 week course, so as well as being an Electrician, I'm a Refrigeration and A/C Mech as well, got the certificates to prove it as well, although I'm not relly confident on installing A/C as a living.:p:D:eek::(:)

Last edited:
Surely the socket out lets will be under the control of a trained person, and as long as there is a RA there will be no need for RCD protection, or has that scenario been by passed.

I haven't made any comment on RCD protection, just the implementation date of the 18th?

Before anyone comments on my extensive knowledge of A/C work, I did a 2 week course, so as well as being an Electrician, I'm a Refrigeration and A/C Mech as well, got the certificates to prove it as well, although I'm not relly confident on installing A/C as a living.:p:D:eek::(:)

Does that make you a 2ww, A/C wise :)

Does that make you a 2ww, A/C wise :)
PRrobably, but I don't profess to be a qualified A/C Engineer far from it far to complicated for me to say that, but my firm paid for the training, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth, neither am I an expert just have limited knowledge, enought to make an educated guess. So am I an HVAC tech? not in a million years, need to do an Apprenticeship for that to happen, Electrical Trainee take note.

Last edited:
PRrobably, but I don't profess to be a qualified A/C Engineer far from it far to complicated for me to say that, but my firm paid for the training, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth, neither am I an expert just have limited knowledge, enought to make an educated guess. So am I an HVAC tech? not in a million years, need to do an Apprenticeship for that to happen, Electrical Trainee take note.

I was only making the analogy to the often discredited Electrical Trainee. You've done the two week course, given you enough or some knowledge, to offer your advice here on the subject.

It was given in jest, but do you not see the irony of it?

I was only making the analogy to the often discredited Electrical Trainee. You've done the two week course, given you enough or some knowledge, to offer your advice here on the subject.

It was given in jest, but do you not see the irony of it?
Irony seems to have past me by lately, no offence meant.

Reply to Install in Server room and ac unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net