Discuss Interesting connector. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yeh looking at the description I was with them until the bit about........

Every junction independent shrapnel, different wire managed separately, different diameter can be connect security. There are test hole in every connector surface, electric test can be completed without removing tape, intuitive and easy. Tip: Bilateral pressure rod terminal, Connect the positive pole, negative pole and ground of the power supply respectively.

Errr what????

Germany, Sweden, Holland, Belgium, Norway, Austria, Denmark etc(to name but a few) all use Brown as their live conductor and have done for many years. Long before it became a CENELEC requirement in 2011
Just to confuse matters even more in France Brown is used inside the consumer unit for the Phase, but Red is used for Phase in the circuits outside the CU, Orange is used for switched live and Purple for strapping and it is acceptable to use any colour for Phase, except Blue and Green, the main problem is using different electricians can cause an awful lot of confusion according to what they have on the van.

Just to confuse matters even more in France Brown is used inside the consumer unit for the Phase, but Red is used for Phase in the circuits outside the CU, Orange is used for switched live and Purple for strapping and it is acceptable to use any colour for Phase, except Blue and Green, the main problem is using different electricians can cause an awful lot of confusion according to what they have on the van.
I, m not familiar with the French system but the brown live, blue neutral, green/yellow earth is the rule not the exception in the majority of continental Europe. Its in use in countries like Holland and Belgium since the early eighties

I have some I recently bought, though only with red and blue - thought they might be useful for splitting 12V fittings neatly for under cabinet lighting, etc.

Not sure I'd use them somewhere hidden under a floor at 230V to be honest, not permanently anyway, but certainly handy things to have.

Would be nice to see Wago take some of the ideas on board and produce ones that can be used with confidence.....

A set of the wago 221s back to back would make a very neat and slim way to extend a cable...

I have some I recently bought, though only with red and blue - thought they might be useful for splitting 12V fittings neatly for under cabinet lighting, etc.

Not sure I'd use them somewhere hidden under a floor at 230V to be honest, not permanently anyway, but certainly handy things to have.

Would be nice to see Wago take some of the ideas on board and produce ones that can be used with confidence.....

A set of the wago 221s back to back would make a very neat and slim way to extend a cable...
not wago but this id what it would look like. used a few for jointing damaged cables. , no problems. L,N and E
1625557824777.png

Given the prevalence of 2.5^2 T+E I would have thought Quickwire would have made a larger version by now. A basic coupler and a coupler with spur would be handy things to have.

I, m not familiar with the French system but the brown live, blue neutral, green/yellow earth is the rule not the exception in the majority of continental Europe. Its in use in countries like Holland and Belgium since the early eighties
Only familiar with France, do other nations use dual MCB's? I believe Germany do.

spoke to quickwire rep. a few months ago. he said they were working on a 2.5mm version,but nothing has appeared yet.

Reply to Interesting connector. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net