Discuss Is a standard Pendant a Class 2 fitting? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Absolutely, but as in this instant the new build shower did not want to spend the money on an enclosed light fitting, so that stick a celling mounted batten holder up, IMO the angled would have been better.

This house had a bulhead fitted under the stairs - far from ideal, but little chance of a broken lamp leaving live parts exposed. Probably would have cost any extra to fit a more suitable surface mounted light.

20220303_172233.jpg

Schneider.. got them today from denmans

It's not actually near any combustible surface though, and will be 'F' rated for the surface it's screwed to. It's just inside the door frame, and well away from the back wall, but really sticks out into the door aperture. Much worse than it looks in my pic.

It's not actually near any combustible surface though, and will be 'F' rated for the surface it's screwed to. It's just inside the door frame, and well away from the back wall, but really sticks out into the door aperture. Much worse than it looks in my pic.
The architrave & door are combustible surfaces, and certainly nearer than 500mm. They don't really like it being nearer than 600mm.

I see what you mean, but the days of 150W incandescent lamps are hopefully over. If there's any danger from heat from that lamp, it'll be when the cupboard gets stuffed full, and the lamp accidently ,or deliberately, becomes a peg for hanging something flammable on.
If you saw it in the flesh, I think most of you would agree that the biggest danger is from when (not if) it gets broken off.

Reply to Is a standard Pendant a Class 2 fitting? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have had these lights installed by a contractor whose work is normally very good. He has not connected the earth in each fitting as there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi, This post is about my concerns with medical IT socket outlets and want to alert you all if you are fitting them in a hospital. The current...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an antique light fitting that for some reason she wants putting up (can't say I love it haha) however it didn't come with any...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock