Discuss Is it safe or proper to run 10mm ECC cable with a voltage of 240v in chunking? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

While local rules may apply, generally speaking the safety of a contained cable more depends on what is protecting it one end (fuse / circuit breaker) and what the load is the other end. The question is a little too vague to answer really.

What do you mean be 'ECC'? Initially I though that was "earth continuity conductor" (our UK equivalent is CPC for circuit protective conductor) but then you say it is at 240V which is not making sense.

Also what do you mean by "chunking" ? Was it some strange auto-correct of trunking ?

Reply to Is it safe or proper to run 10mm ECC cable with a voltage of 240v in chunking? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have some PECSO HO7RN-F 3G1.5 Flex cable that i want to use to wire up some outside LED security lights that are 240v. The cable will be clipped...
Replies
Views
I would like to run power to a shed that is 40m from my other shed which is powered by a 10mm cable from the house. I have access to a 100m roll...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, I’m currently part way through my apprenticeship and we are working on IB, IN, IZ and IT and volt drop today. And it got me...
Replies
Views
Wondering if there is a maintenance free wago for extending 10mm cables? Tried searching and couldn’t find anything. I prefer a wago to a through...
Replies
Views
Some advise or views would be appreciated. My supply is 100 amp single phase. I purchased my property 3 years ago or so, the owner prior to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock