Discuss "just bang it on an RCBO!"......... TABLE 41.3 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
this slightly confuses me;

whenever a Zs reading comes up too high, e.g on a particularly long run, to get around the problem if you cant change the MCB rating, I get told to change it for an RCBO.

Table 41.3 of the regs gives max Zs values for both MCB and RCBO protection. If our Zs value exceeds the recommendation why can we just use an RCBO?

Is this to do with the 30mA trip and if so is there anywhere in the regs that this is written down in?

thanks in advance

Provided your Zs is below 1667 ohms, by using a RCBO you will meet the disconnection time required; however unless it's a TT system, most people will use the Zs requirements for the MCB rating to ensure disconnection times and not have to rely on the RCD.

Reply to "just bang it on an RCBO!"......... TABLE 41.3 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I work in the events industry which works under 7909. This assumes that someone qualified 7671 etc has tested the distor's and designed a system...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
Hi First time with this kind of a job for me. I have a scenario where i am planning to install about 50m 25mm TPN from a TNCS supply to supply a...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I'm installing a 3-ph 32A 60309 socket and just wanted to double check my design calcs are right... The circuit will be part of a 3-ph...
Replies
Views
D
Given that Amd3 reduced max Zs values slightly what is everyone coding if a measured reading falls between the pre Amd3 value and the post Amd3...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9648
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock