Discuss Just got the Professional Electrician magazine and............... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

oldtimer

I turned to the first page (P9) and 2 things hit me one is

ESC to raise awareness of Part P just as I have been saying over the past 9 months Part P is to get a relaunch or in other words yes we know its not working or fit for purpose but we are stuck with it so full steam ahead. Maybe one day some will stand up as say this is useless so we are going to simplify everything via a European type electricians Licence system. (dont hold your breath)

NICEIC to launch a safe electrical jobs done by their members ok its not a panic move but they are in my opinion tipping their hat to the yes we know Joe Public can buy a consumer unit in a big shed but you would be better getting one of our members who are starting to ask what are we paying you for to do it

What you need, is a National Register of Qualified Electricians, With suitable and sensible entry levels and requirements. ...You can then do away with all the scam providers as they will be Null & Void.

Can't have a European License as there systems are very different to ours and between each other, but you could well have them affiliated with each other. That will or could make it easier for member electricians to transition between the different member states....

What you need, is a National Register of Qualified Electricians, With suitable and sensible entry levels and requirements. ...You can then do away with all the scam providers as they will be Null & Void.

Can't have a European License as there systems are very different to ours and between each other, but you could well have them affiliated with each other. That will or could make it easier for member electricians to transition between the different member states....

We have been saying that's what we need for as long as anyone can remember unfortunately no one is listening mate and as long as scams are making money from us nothing is going to change

We have been saying that's what we need for as long as anyone can remember unfortunately no one is listening mate and as long as scams are making money from us nothing is going to change

You have No-one to blame but yourselves. You have all systematically allowed every Tom, Dick, and Harry take your industry away from you, and to pay handsomely for the privilege of them doing so....

You have No-one to blame but yourselves. You have all systematically allowed every Tom, Dick, and Harry take your industry away from you, and to pay handsomely for the privilege of them doing so....

i Have seen some changes in my 28 years being a spark so i cannot argue with the point you make....sadly

Reply to Just got the Professional Electrician magazine and............... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net