Discuss Knipex 6 in 1 pliers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They are good quality and have their use, but as others have mentioned having the cuter set back can be a bit restrictive in tight spaces. I have them in my small to go kit for quick jobs, preferring snips and separate pliers for day to day work.

I've had a set for nearly a year. Pretty good tbh. I like the fact the outer edges can be used to roughly file edges and they feel strong. Annoyingly if you use the 1.5 and 2.5 cut outs for stripping you always end up with the bit of PVC hanging on the end, that really gets annoying.

I know what people mean about the size of them, you can't get close for cutting and I find using the cutter to strip any other size other than the 1.5/2.5 is a tad awkward. I don't use them everyday so maybe I'd get used to it.

They feel good and strong but i don't like the look of the casting.

I love Knipex, totally bought into one pair of pliers for everything. However, stripping is such a pain. I now hardly ever use mine, My go to tools are Knipex Wire Strippers and side cutters. Wire stripper is one of my best buys. I'm a proper tool tart...............

I love Knipex, totally bought into one pair of pliers for everything. However, stripping is such a pain. I now hardly ever use mine, My go to tools are Knipex Wire Strippers and side cutters. Wire stripper is one of my best buys. I'm a proper tool tart...............
Are you trying to steal my mantel of chief tool tart Mike? beware I bite.:p:D:eek:

Well made bit of kit which cut through 6 and 10mm twin and earth cables very easily. I bought a pair at one of the Elex shows last year however I also carry a small pair of Knipex side cutters for getting into tight spots.

I have a set but barely use them. I prefer my CK cropper cutters for cutting and stripping cable, my crimpers for crimping and find that these pliers are used for doubling over cable and little else.

Same, don’t even know where they are now, it’s been that long since I seen them lol

I’ve been using mine ever since I discovered them. They don’t replace everything, but with these, 160mm side cutters and screwdrivers I’m sorted for a great many tasks.
That doesn’t stop me from having a bag full of Knipex though. I’m particularly fond of their double-dipped S range...

Ah, Britespark..."Same, don’t even know where they are now, it’s been that long since I seen them lol"

now, what is this I see in my tool bag?...

Nope! It's ok! It's a set of TotalShyte crimpers John Ward sent me!

4:50 in

Reply to Knipex 6 in 1 pliers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net