Discuss Landlord certs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

benpollard

Hi have a couple of questions please

do you have to be part p registered to do a landlords cert or if you were a qualified electrician with knowledge of how to test and inspect would this suffice ?

what sheets would you use to fill in the cert is there special certs for this?

what would the tests include
visual - continuity - ins resistance - earth loop and RCD ?

many thanks

Ben

Part P only covers the design and installation of electrical installations so it does not cover periodic inspection of electrical installations.
Some self certification schemes also offer a scheme to allow you to inform them that you have completed an EICR but this is only in place because some organisations want a marque applied to the inspection, but it has no effect in law or competence for correct inspection and testing.
A landlords certificate is only applicable to gas inspections, but the term tends to get used for electrical work as well.
However the actual requirement would be to complete an Electrical Installation Condition Report.
The model form for this is available for free download from the IET website.
Completing an EICR requires above average knowledge and understanding of electrical installations and the person completing one must be competent to do this.

Having looked at your previous posts i would say that you are lacking the knowledge to carry out an EICR. Do you have any testing qualifications? i.e. 2391-2394/5? It's not just a matter of doing tests you have to understand what the tests are telling you. you also need a good understanding of previous editions of the regs and how they relate to current regs.

most landlords want certifying. well, we're not allowed to hang them these days.:75:

Indemnity insurance would be a good idea. Remember you giving your proffesional opinon on the condition of the installation.:rolleyes:

Is this to do with going to the pub? My local has a nice landlord and he does not need a cirt but his wife does, and how do you connate your MFT when he's pulling your pint

Hi have a couple of questions please

do you have to be part p registered to do a landlords cert or if you were a qualified electrician with knowledge of how to test and inspect would this suffice ?

what sheets would you use to fill in the cert is there special certs for this?

what would the tests include
visual - continuity - ins resistance - earth loop and RCD ?

many thanks

Ben
no you dont.

And dont let the rackets tell you otherwise either.

by the way:
All a landlord cert is ....is a pass ticket.....regardless of whether it really is good for continued service or not.

not one landlord i knew wanted a proper ECR...not one i say....

Reply to Landlord certs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net