Discuss Level 3 City and guilds 2330 Written exam advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

swc

-
Reaction score
I have thankfully passed my 301 with a credit. However am worried about this written exam on testing. Trouble is
am boarderline dyslexic. My handwriting is scruffy and I write really slow. The doctor said he was concered I won't be able to keep up.
He said I would need remedial classes however I've left that college now since they wouldn't let me enroll onto level 3 despite I passed lv2 with flying colours.

Any advice on the exam would be greatly appriciated. How much would I be expected to write in the 6 hrs? Is there anything I can be reading up on during christmas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the 302/3 written exams very easy you have two hours to do each one and i finished both within 45 minutes

Each paper has 16 questions and you just have too answer a question at its bare minimum (and correctly obviously). You're also allowed to use the BRB/OSG

Some questions require a paragraph at most others one word answers. Overall i'd say no more than 500 words per exam

I wouldn't worry about the handwriting, most examiners are used to it anyway and as I said you don't have to write a lot, just answer the question without over elaborating

as fuzzy......dont get too concerned about semi legible handwriting.....my handwriting is garbage anyway so i wouldn`t worry matey.......as fuzzy has rightfully said.....the examiners are used to this type of thing so..........on the other hand however......not too impressed with the previous colleges attitude though.........and which college was it?...go on,...name em and shame em...as the shame should be on them mate......

I have thankfully passed my 301 with a credit. However am worried about this written exam on testing. Trouble is
am boarderline dyslexic. My handwriting is scruffy and I write really slow. The doctor said he was concered I won't be able to keep up.
He said I would need remedial classes however I've left that college now since they wouldn't let me enroll onto level 3 despite I passed lv2 with flying colours.

Any advice on the exam would be greatly appriciated. How much would I be expected to write in the 6 hrs? Is there anything I can be reading up on during christmas?

dont worry mate,my dad was exactly the same,best spark i ever knew..just believe in yourself take your time and dont worry about it..

@fuzzydunlop you say two hours for the exam so where did I get 6 hours from? Did I make that up lol thats silly.

Could you give me an idea what am expected to know so I can try to read up?

302 exam is on inspection, testing and commissioning

303 is on Fault Diagnosis and rectification , if you search my posts I uploaded a load of past papers, if there not available pm me your email address and I'll mail them to you

As I said before the exams are very easy and is only a 50% pass mark,

Hi Fuzzydunlop do you have the 302 and 303 practice papers still at hand by any chance? I have my 2 exams next week back to back, not looking forward to it at all

Many thanks in advance

Reply to Level 3 City and guilds 2330 Written exam advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net