Discuss Lost a regular customer! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

For a while, but soon enough all the training companies will find a new trade/occupation which they can flog to death. It always runs that way, predators, prey, trades, training companies etc etc etc. Once saturation point has been reached and maintained for a while everyone will chase another 'dream job'. Then the number of sparkies will be too few for the demand, then the training companies will start pushing the golden career. Then .......

For a while, but soon enough all the training companies will find a new trade/occupation which they can flog to death. It always runs that way, predators, prey, trades, training companies etc etc etc. Once saturation point has been reached and maintained for a while everyone will chase another 'dream job'. Then the number of sparkies will be too few for the demand, then the training companies will start pushing the golden career. Then .......
this game will never recover from the mess its been left in,give it 5 years and the word apprentice electrician will be removed from the dictionary

yeah , just like the solar panel installers market then. :-/
i think by the time the industry goes through this cycle the damage wil be irreparable.

Sometimes i wish i did'nt bother reading this forum, its all doom and gloom. I only want a fair days pay for a fair days work, it seems far to much to ask for these days

Sometimes i wish i did'nt bother reading this forum, its all doom and gloom. I only want a fair days pay for a fair days work, it seems far to much to ask for these days

i come here to get away from the doom and gloom,what we need is a massive job to come off and all the members are on it,that would be a site and a half,e54 would be foreman for sure..:smile:

Well on a brighter note I started a small business 2 years ago due to a dead end stressful job with shiftwork that was kicking the hell out of me so I seen a gap in the market and went for it and yes I came on this forum as we are always learning but one thing that i have been taught is not to dive in with regards to the posts that say i want to be an electrician in 3 months. I am happy with my lot and but realize it can be a jungle at times but would i trade it to go back to "job security" hell no we may complain but there are just as bad employers out there who cannot do anything else but screw it up I put all this down to the current economical climate and lets face it when a customer in my view tries it on I am polite and wish them well as it is no use getting bitter

Reply to Lost a regular customer! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net