Discuss MarkII solar immersion heater switch in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mulgrave

HiInstalled, on Wednesday , markII and power reducer 3Kw to 1.5KwToday was getting over1500W but immersion heater not starting.MarKII pcb led light is now red and still over 1500w at 14:36 pm but no response from immersion heater.If I use override on markII then immersion heater startsAny body could advise ?Thanks

Is it this one? Intelligent Solar Immersion Heater Switch – Mark II | Solar Immersion Heater Switch

If the immersion switch is set to 1500 W then you need that amount generated from your PV plus whatever amount your other household loads are for the immersion to come on.

e.g.
PV generates 2000 W
other house loads 600 W
= 1400 W - not enough left to switch immersion on so 1400 W exported

PV generates 2000 W
other house loads 400 W
= 1600 W - immersion on at 1500 W and 100 W exported

There are better immersion controllers on the market.

Hi
thanks for quick reply. Using solarimmersionheater switch markII and power reducer
the pv was generating 1700w and we did not have any other household equipment.
now the led is red that means it is exporting to the grid

Thanks and regards

Not sure where you are measuring your generation but there will be losses via inverter and any other controls etc. and I have found measuring under 200 watts is very inaccurate so it may just be you do not have enough actual power to flick the switch. If it gets to 2kw and you are not switching then I would think there is something wrong.

Hi Good day

I checked the generation on the inverter as my aurora desktop monitor stops working. Anyway, today the generation was varying between 1500 and 2000+ Kw but the immersion heater did not start. I switched off all other appliances through the breakers and left only the PV and immersion heater breakers on.
The sensor has got an arrow and not sure were it should be pointing , tried both directions ( does it have to be tight on cable ? as it seems that the cable is not not touching the inside top and bottom of sensor at same time)
The mark II seems to indicate the power is being exported to the grid but not starting the immersion heater?

thanks again for your help

Best regards

Reply to MarkII solar immersion heater switch in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net