Discuss Metrel in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have the MI 3002 I wouldn't buy it again I went for the upgraded downloadable results software which is a complete waste of time and cash but thats just my opinion
pict

three phase rotation 123 or L1 L2 L3 if you correct the leads as per makers insrtuctions it will tell you if A the phases are all there and B if you have them connected at the load correctly
Pict

so does this mean if you had 3phase board you dont have to use all phases if not needed....oops maybe
three phase rotation 123 or L1 L2 L3 if you correct the leads as per makers insrtuctions it will tell you if A the phases are all there and B if you have them connected at the load correctly
Pict

I am not sure I understand, on a three pase board you may use any one of the 3 phases to power 3 single phase loads or 1 three phase load, ypu may on larger boards have a mixture sone 3 phase devices and some single phase devices for exalmple on a commecial board you can have some 3 phase fryers, combi ovens, and pizza ovens then lots of singles rings circuits mixers etc etc so if say a 3 phase oven was not heating up properly you check that all three are present at the board then check at tje oven although rotation is unimportant here, however if it was a motor then how the phases are connected is important, but you would only be concerned if you had replaced the motor or had the terminals off for some reason as it would try to run in reverse so thats where the rotation check IS important
Pict

Only if you wanted to establish continuity between both ends at each cable and if it was some way away you would be back and forth changing ends unless you had a mate but you would need to be within shouting distance of each other there is easier ways, short cable and croc clips and a note pad so you dont end up tesing the same combination over

Reply to Metrel in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net