Discuss minor works in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pjb1

Asked to add additions to an exsisting ring main of a couple of double sockets, and put another liight on an exsisting radial lighting circuit to supply a newly built extension. Do I write out two minor works certificates for these additions to the exsisting circuits,The have to submit both to napit for work notification. which means double the fee.:(

Thanks Lenny, Just been looking at the IET website on notifable work. so I wont need a works notification from Napit?
Q5: What types of electrical work are 'non-notifiable'?

The following types of work are non-notifiable:
  • Replacing accessories such as socket-outlets, control switches and ceiling roses
  • Replacing the cable for a single circuit only, where damaged, for example, by fire, rodent or impact (1.)
  • Re-fixing or replacing the enclosures of existing installation components (2.)
  • Providing mechanical protection to existing fixed installations (3.)
  • Installing or upgrading main or supplementary equipotential bonding (4.)
  • Work that is not in a kitchen or special location and does not involve a special installation (5.) and consists of:
    • Adding lighting points (light fittings and switches) to an existing circuit (6.)
    • Adding socket-outlets and fused spurs to an existing ring or radial circuit (6.)
Notes:
  1. On condition that the replacement cable has the same current-carrying capacity, follows the same route and does not serve more than one sub-circuit through a distribution board
  2. If the circuit's protective measures are unaffected
  3. If the circuit's protective measures and current-carrying capacity of conductors are unaffected by increased thermal insulation
  4. Such work shall comply with other applicable legislation, such as the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations
  5. Special locations and installations are listed below
  6. Only if the existing circuit protective device is suitable and provides protection for the modified circuit, and other relevant safety provisions are satisfactory

Asked to add additions to an exsisting ring main of a couple of double sockets, and put another liight on an exsisting radial lighting circuit to supply a newly built extension. Do I write out two minor works certificates for these additions to the exsisting circuits,The have to submit both to napit for work notification. which means double the fee.:(

The building officer if involved may have other ideas about a cert as it is in an extension ?

Also there is no reason that an EIC can not be used instead of multiple MW certs where there is more than one notifiable circuit, a little more to complete but only one submission to to the scheme provider

Reply to minor works in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net