Discuss Minor Works in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Its all down to giving a better service, and we don't get paid unless we hav e a minor works, will help with cashflow

So you are ignoring my posts then.

How do you issue certs now?

The last Gas Safe man's work I looked at had installed a spur, which was off a spur, which was off a spur, off a ring on a 32A MCB

its a relevant point, how can you be experienced/competent at electrics when youve only observed an electrician, you need to be aware of why we carry out tests, what readings are accceptable and why they differ with different protective devices, its best to stick to what you know best til youve gained the relevant qualifications instead of trying to earn a few quick extra pounds.

I can't say i agree with how you've completley conducted yourself in this thread, and regardless of what else has been said, as i can't really be arsed to get involved in 'bitch fits' at the time being...

That is completley true, when i was learning the trade i used to notice my dad work live all the time, and sometimes get a little belt.

Now, as im older the times have changed and at one point i used to make sure everything is dead....replacing a FCU now or w.e. i'll just do live.

The more experienced do get hurt more i'll agree, but thats their own fault.

But, having said that...Experience is knowledge in this trade im afraid.

So are you simply ignoring my posts #22 and #26?????

You dad, should do the right thing and take on a competent sparky and see how it goes. He's the boss!

So you are ignoring my posts then.

How do you issue certs now?

The last Gas Safe man's work I looked at had installed a spur, which was off a spur, which was off a spur, off a ring on a 32A MCB

We are not installing new spurs, we are changin the fronts from a water heater which is on it own breaker to a switch fuse spur or unswitch sock

We are not installing new spurs, we are changin the fronts from a water heater which is on it own breaker to a switch fuse spur or unswitch sock

Sooner or later you WILL need to install a new circuit or make changes in a kitchen so Part P will be a requirement. and then theres bonding, RCD protection etc, etc.

its a relevant point, how can you be experienced/competent at electrics when youve only observed an electrician, you need to be aware of why we carry out tests, what readings are accceptable and why they differ with different protective devices, its best to stick to what you know best til youve gained the relevant qualifications instead of trying to earn a few quick extra pounds.

I can't say i agree with how you've completley conducted yourself in this thread, and regardless of what else has been said, as i can't really be arsed to get involved in 'bitch fits' at the time being...

That is completley true, when i was learning the trade i used to notice my dad work live all the time, and sometimes get a little belt.

Now, as im older the times have changed and at one point i used to make sure everything is dead....replacing a FCU now or w.e. i'll just do live.

You dad, should do the right thing and take on a competent sparky and see how it goes. He's the boss!
No we are installing boiler if we every did do a kitchen we would get a spark in to do the works

Ok we are not running supplys just changin the front, which is not notifiable works.

Lmaoo, some ov u r , on bout my age and tha, engineers 54 is the worst, you stick to the lightin and ring mains ill do the central heating,

Spoken by a true immature kid!!! Ignorance is bliss at your age!!

As the part Pee system has been in place for several years now, how come your father and brother haven't taken the necessary electrical courses?? Come to that, any of these 7 gas fitters your father employs??

Better still get some trusted qualified electricians on a call retainer basis, or employ one of them, if you have that much work on....

Last edited by a moderator:

Spoken by a true immature kid!!! Ignorance is bliss at your age!!

As the part Pee system has been in place for several years now, how come your father and brother haven't taken the necessary electrical courses?? Come to that, any of these 7 gas fitters your father employs??

Better still get some trusted qualified electricians on a call retainer basis, or employ one of them, if you have that much work on....

Yeah my old man got his part p and is niceic approved but due to being busy we use sparkys at the moment but is causing problems with efffiency, we are always look to produce a better and more efficent service within our company, donno bout u but u sound like that don't matter to u?

Reply to Minor Works in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net