Discuss mixed circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The op is a subby and should either do as told and label it or just ask his superior the question the company must 1st fix like this and label the back of the switch, or the customer doesn't want switches next to switches

This is my problem. I dont like the way ive been asked to wire these flats but i dont want to go over the supervisors head.

Growler I think you have mis understood what you have been asked to do, I've just re read your issue and I don't think your being asked to put 2 circuits in 1 grid box. "I maybe wrong here"

The grid is on the kitchen ring. But it also had a 16A radial from the board to the grid sw then to the microwave.

Better still, do whatever as it should only be us guys opening that grid switch at a later date I'm also assuming the switches will be engraved and a label inside so that's ok with me. I wouldn't do it but if I was called to it later down the line it Being labelled etc would give me some inclin

the only people who read the regs are on the whole are electricians and the regs are open to interpration by each individual
they will never been able to cater for idiots! any good electrician would presume theres a chance of more than 1 circuit at a 2g sw and would test, diy darrens will never be stopped untill electricity is seen in the same light as gas and anyone proved to have worked on it without the correct certs etc would be fined or jailed! or sent to the electric chair along with there first born!!!!!

Reply to mixed circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'd like to seek your input on a matter. I'm in the process of designing the electrical connections for the following kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Quick query for this still practicing regarding bill payment for a job not complete. My partner recently employed an electrician to do...
Replies
Views
Hello Electrical world. Looking for thoughts and opinions. Currently planning out my kitchen re-wire for new kitchen. I was originally...
Replies
Views
Hi Im an apprentice and just wanted to clarify domestic style wiring since i work industrial and don't deal with conventional wiring. in college...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock