Discuss Mobile Phone to Loud Hailer auto answer -- HELP!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gpullen

Hi,

Im new to these forums so please go easy on me!!

Ive been asked to set something up for a friend, an add-on to his CCTV setup. Basically he wants to be able to dial into his building via mobile phone, and be able to talk over loudspeaker.... either to people breaking in... or to tell his staff to get back to work i guess!!

I need to set this up quickly, and dont have great electrical knowledge. I was hoping someone on here would be able to point me in the right direction!!

So far my idea is.... a cheap pay as u go mobile phone, connected to an amplifier and then to a loudspeaker. It is all going to be mounted outside thus needs to be weather proof.

Please have a look at the attatched image in large view, for my quick mock up.

What i need to know is, can i simply take the headset audio out feed straight into an amp? Do i need a pre-amp?

Is it safe to place the mobile inside my suggested power supplys casing? Will it cause interference or fire hazard?

Many thanks to anyone who can help!!

phonespeaker.jpg

Hi,

Could you adapt a CB radio with a PA function? Then Attach an external speaker or PA horn, which is standard practise anyway.

I'm not sure if you mean he wants to phone in from anywhere, or speak through a mic at the front door?

I think you mean it to be only one way?

I hope this gives you inspiration,

cheers Andy

P.S. I'm new here too. (First post)

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs to be able to call in from anywhere, eg if he gets a txt msg from CCTV saying movement is detected... and he logs into cctv via iphone and sees someone trying to break in or something... he can ring the mobile and shout at them to scare them off....

thanks for advice though!!

Not a bad price atall thanks, not quite what hes looking for but he might go for it instead. Can it be programmed to only work at night time??

there used to be one next to the place i worked nights . i scared the blooming life out of you when it went off 5 external speakers for the perimeter control alarm. i felt like removing it with a chelsea screw driver :D

The AV 100 version can be set to trigger using a normally open contact from any source.

Some CCTV systems have an inbuild audiio channel. If his system can be access remotely (I assume acros the internet) then maybe you can link into the audio channel.

Alternatively have you considered some form of IP based audio solution across the internet? Skype is everywhere these days so may have something to offer. I have not done this myself but just thought it might be an alternative.

Well the camera system is over £3k, and cost 1.5k to install..... tis a pretty decent setup to be honest! but he doesnt want to pay staff to be on site 24/7.... and just wants a simple (manual) voice deterrent incase of trouble!

Some of the speech diallers used in the security industry can listen in on the site as well as talk to the site to frighten intruders

Reply to Mobile Phone to Loud Hailer auto answer -- HELP!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net