Discuss My favourite ! half moon plaster up light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys

We 'have to' fit couple of these on a job in new year, hate them !

Anyone found any easy ones to fit ? Maybe have a that come with bracket that screws into the wall first, would be nice.
Don't have to be plaster either as long as white will be fine.

Cheers Sy

Its its the old plaster uplights / wall lights with the 2 holes in the back of the fitting to screw direct to the wall then I just use a right angle screwdriver

Yeah that the ones.... cracked a few over the years (use rubber washer if have to fit them these days)
i know a lot of sparks hate fitting them but I have found over the years if you go easy and use a manual right angle screwdriver i have yet to crack one.

These you can just hang off of two fixings.

The up/down ones are better, you wire up the lampholder part and the plaster part just slots over the top.

These you can just hang off of two fixings.

The up/down ones are better, you wire up the lampholder part and the plaster part just slots over the top.

perfect thank you

I've always just used a stubby driver, the biggest issue is them not always laying flat to the wall due to casting errors

Reply to My favourite ! half moon plaster up light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Just had a simple kitchen light not working job, one of the fittings with the 4 spotlights on it. Took the fitting down to check if there was...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
This could possible have been a poll, but really just opening up for suggestions and feedback on where folks think an isolation switch for an...
Replies
Views
Hey there! I am fitting four lights in my kitchen and have come across two issues (pictures attached - this is really the best quality I could do...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock