Discuss New stables behind house/garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Send them a quote to do the job properly then walk away.

I see you are newly signed up with Elecsa and if you approach every job to penny pinch you could easily end up a busy fool. You are doing this to make a living, not work 40 hours a week to scrap by.

You couldnt be more right mate it seems that people just dont value electrical work though people just dont want to pay whats it worth. Everyones looking for a quick fix. I will quote what i want and i wont get the job so that will sort my dillema lol

haha awesome kit , especially the bigger remote control jobbies.
you need to do a cat scan first so you miss any buried services during the boring.

yours truely has done under a motorway with a mole ;-)

Biff , i could swap some stories that that would make your balls disappear .:uhoh2:
Even we have not gone under one of them yet , just to many variables that could end up in a disaster for me !

You couldnt be more right mate it seems that people just dont value electrical work though people just dont want to pay whats it worth. Everyones looking for a quick fix. I will quote what i want and i wont get the job so that will sort my dillema lol

when you send your quote, you know it may be more than they are expecting so make sure that they understand the "key" points of what you are suggesting....... maybe a few days sales training would help

Biff , i could swap some stories that that would make your balls disappear .:uhoh2:
Even we have not gone under one of them yet , just to many variables that could end up in a disaster for me !

its worth the risk for a highways dept , closing 1 mile of 1 lane of motorway costs several grand a day so a massive saving of tens of '000s.
me and my boss "observed" while the company operator demo'd the equipment , not knowing he was saving us a 3 day manual dig lol

I love the idea of trenchless technology! I'd never heard of it. There would still be problems in this case though its just a really awkwardly situated house and they have access issues etc plus id have to go up and over a garage and somehow over a conservatory lol. I might suggest solar panels!

its worth the risk for a highways dept , closing 1 mile of 1 lane of motorway costs several grand a day so a massive saving of tens of '000s.
me and my boss "observed" while the company operator demo'd the equipment , not knowing he was saving us a 3 day manual dig lol

A directional drill is the next one on my wish list , but at £15,000 for even a knacked at the end of its life one , i think it will be on the list for a bit yet !:bigcry:

and stuff needs to be securely fixed n all....as if the horse decides to scratch its arse up against it on a night.....

agreed , its gotta be steel conduit for the switch & skt drops.
and if these are expensive horses i'd be sourcing 10ma rcds for the stable cu , a human can take 30ma most animals wont.

agreed , its gotta be steel conduit for the switch & skt drops.
and if these are expensive horses i'd be sourcing 10ma rcds for the stable cu , a human can take 30ma most animals wont.
only thing here though Biff with using 10mA RCDs is the nuisance tripping...damp condidions + corrosive horse shyte...

Yard up the road from me lost 4 horses in one instance,drinkers in four seperate stables providing the input...Sounds like the customer has been given too much room to impart rules,if they don't like cable install costs,they are going to hate cost of new TD 300Ma rcd etc...Recommend they swap to hamsters...

Ive found recently that in life it's those that have little money are the most generous!
I can't (well I suppose I can) believe that a customer that can afford horses doesn't want to pay to have a job done properly! As others have said, price it properly, explain the reasoning and if required walk (trot) away.

At the end of the day all you can do is quote for the job (properly done) and leave it in their hands. If they don't want to do it then walk away, I wouldn't get involved in doing work I know to be crap.

Reply to New stables behind house/garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net