Discuss NVQ 3 City & Guilds 2356 Unit 301 - 308 Oral questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chippy

Unit 301 Oral Questions
1a. When you first get to siteon site how do you make sure the site is safe to work on
1b. Can you tell me what a risk assessment is
1c. do you always carry out a risk assessment
2a. How do you check that the wiringsystemsyou use are safe to install
2b. What sort of wiring systems could have been used for this site
2c. What sort of wiring system would be appropriate for a small sub main to the workshop
3a. What safety concerns do you check regularly so you know the site is always safe
3b. What would you do if you were working where the general public were present
4a. Where would you install barrier notices and barriers on this site
4b. what colour are warning signs expected to be and what shape are they
4c. Is a hard hat sign typical of a warning sign
5b. What sort of access equipment would you use for this type of ground
6a. When using power platforms how will you make sure it is used properly
6b. Would you use powered access equipment when working changing lamps at a higher level
7a. how will you know if this job is kept to time
7b. What sort of programme of work are you using for the job
7c. When and where would you use a bar chart
8a. How would you make sure your tools and materials are secure
8b. Where do you leave your tools and materials on this siteand do you think that they are safe and secure in that place
8c. How would you improve your tools and storage on site
9a. Why do you make sure that a site is cleared at the end of the job to the satisfaction of the customer
9b. If you found some cable at the finnish of work what would you do

Unit 302 Oral questions
1a. What sort of information relating to faulty equipment will you need to start fault finding
1b. What sort of questions would you ask about a pump motor not working
2. why did you make sure that the relevant people were aware to the disruption of the supply when fault finding
3. why do you need to agree the reapirs and the costs before starting the work
4. what safe working practices did you complete before finding the fault on this circuit/equipment
5a. what test would you do on a circuit which kept tripping a RCD and why
5b. What senses do you use to diagnose faults
5c. Describe a logical fault finding procedure
5d. Where are faults likely to occur
6a. How will you know if the fault has really been corrected properly
6b. If parts of the system appear to be working normally although they ar associated with the fault what do you do
7. what precautions do you undertake if you cannot correct the fault immediately
8. what do you need to test the installation after fixing a fault
9. why are modifications to this circuit required

Unit 303 Oral Questions
1. who are the relevant persons to be provided with the required information on this site
2a. What is the difference between the technical information required and functional information
2b. Where would manufacturers data fit as information provided
3a. Where can you get information about installed equipment from and how will you know that it is up to date
3b. What sort of information would you provide to the main contractor about how the job would be undertaken
4a. What information do ytou always provide to a customer after finishing a new installation
4b. Are there any regulations which require you to provide information to the customer about the installation
5a. How can you insure that you pass on information to the customer in a timely manner
6a. What procedures exsist within your company to provide information to your customers
6b. Why does the attitude in which you provide information matter
7a. On completion of the work how do you decide what health and safety information is required by the customer
7b. Why do you inform all visitors of health and safety regulations

Unit 304 Oral Questions
1a. Under what circumstances would you expect to carry out a risk assessment
1b. What relevant health and safety procedures are relevant on this site
2a. What do you do when working in a school to find out the difference between an end of school bell and an emergency evacuation bell
2b. Under what circumstances would you evacuate the site
3. When do you use PPE and what PPE is required on this site.
4a. How have you controlled hazards on this site
4b. Who is responsible for your health and safety on this site
5a. If you identify a problem which seems as though it may cause a ingury, how do you report the problem and who do you report it to
5b. Under what circumstances would you expect to use a permit to work on this site
6. is the fastest way the best way to complete any job
7. what checks would you make before moving a portable tower.
8. Is there a fire assembly point and how were you informed as to where you should meet
9. on this site what happens if a work colleague has an injury which can be treated on site

Unit 305 Oral Questions
1a. Who do you check this job with before starting work
1b. Are there going to be any changes made to this job that are different from the customers requirements if so what are they
1c. What will you do if the customer does not agree with the proposed changes
2a. Is there any difference in the working conditions on site which cause a change in materials used and if they were how are changes agreed
2b. What sort of changes in working environments would make you change this type of wiring system used
3a. What do you check to make sure you have all the right materials for the job
3b. When are material requisition sheets used in his company and what would be noted in them
4. how did you confirm that this wiring system was compatible with the supply
5a. Is the equipment fit for purpose
5b. How can you check that the material was the right type for the job
6a. How do you know that they are no hazards within the site structure
6b. Who would you speak to if any hazards were found within the site structure
7a. What type of fixings are used to fix conduit to roof purlins
7b. What type of fixing would you use for cab run on a tray
8a. What manufacturers instruction have you used on this site
8b. When would you leave manufacturer’s instructions for the customer

Unit 306 Oral Questions
1a. What type of supply is being provided to this site and is that compatible with the customers needs
1b. Where do you make a request for a change to the supply provided
2a. How is the work of other trades co-ordinated on a site
2b. What procedures are there on this site to co-ordinate the work of the various trades
3a. What is the method of isolation for this circuit
3b. How could you ensure the circuit is isolated while you work on the circuit
4a. Describe for me a safe isolation procedure for this circuit
4b. What safe isolation procedure was carried out
5a. What is the best method for marking out work on this site
5b. When would you use a lazer level
6. how would you check the location of planned installations if you did not have a drawing for the job
7a. What guidance can you use about supports for conduit fixed to a surface
7b. How did you ensure that the fixings are right type to hold this equipment
8a. How do you deal with variations to the programme of work
8b. If changes are needed to installed specification are agreed how do you make sure the company do not lose money on the change
9. if you identify a need for different type of enclosure to be installed on site how do you take action

Unit 307 Oral Questions
1a. Describe to me how you are working with a safe system of work
1b. When you come across hazards on the job what do you do
2. what is a means of isolation for this installation or circuit
3a. Describe how you would carry out a safe isolation procedure
3b. Under what circumstances would it not be required to carry out a safe isolation in order to make a connection
4a. Tell me what makes a good electrical connection
4b. Whats the best way of terminating stranded conductors into small terminations
5a. What test would you carry out to confirm the connection is electrically sound
5b. If your connection were not tight what would happen
5c. What type od identification is required for conductors
6a. What defects may occur when carrying out connecting
6b. How do you check for defects that may occur in your work
7. what sort of documents could you complete for this job

Unit 308 Oral Questions
1a. With who could you plan the inspection, testing and commissioning of an installation
1b. If an installation cannot be tested because work must continue on the production line need testing what will you do
2. what safety consideration do you make before carrying out a visual inspection
3. what safety precautions are required before carrying out testing on a existing circuit
4a. What instrument would you use to carry out a polarity test and how do you kn that it is accurate
4b. How do you know when that instrument was calibrated
5a. Why would you complete a visual inspection
5b. What proctection would you expect to find for installations which are often subject to wet conditions of service
6a. When completing a RCD test with the instrument’s test current set at 50% of it’s rated tripping current and maintained for a duration of 2 seconds what should happen
6b. If the RCD is to be used as a dditional protection against direct contact thenm at what level should be set the instruments test current at.
6c. Before carrying out a test to confirm the continuity or to measure the resistance of the protective conductor what instrument will you use
6d. Whby should care be taken to locate and disconnect any conductive paths which may be connected in parallel with all or part of a protective
7. how can you confirm that the installation complies with manufacturers instructions
8a. How do you record your test results
8b. Must you always complete test records even for small alterations to jobs
9. when do you hand over information to the client

Reply to NVQ 3 City & Guilds 2356 Unit 301 - 308 Oral questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net