Discuss offer from Homebase in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave_

-
Reaction score
Alright lads,

Had a call from my local Homebase store in Harringay today.

They had found me on the NIC website and were making me an offer. For £10 a week (plus vat) they will give me and another electrician total exclusivity of work generated through the store. This means they would make business cards with all my details and push them on to customers. It seems like a good idea but I do not how much work will actually come from this. I wondered if anybody has experience of this.

Dave

Alright lads,

Had a call from my local Homebase store in Harringay today.

They had found me on the NIC website and were making me an offer. For £10 a week (plus vat) they will give me and another electrician total exclusivity of work generated through the store. This means they would make business cards with all my details and push them on to customers. It seems like a good idea but I do not how much work will actually come from this. I wondered if anybody has experience of this.

Dave
non...caus they know their stores are full of DIY bandits....
as well as the `little people` who go around with free advice....

£624 a year mate. How many times have you been in there and seen the rack of cards? Not very many I'll bet and if you have you'll have walked straight past it. This has been the subject of a few threads on here and the general consensus is it's not worth it. Obviously it's your call though

Done it. They don't push your cards on to customers. They put them
In the green business card stand which no one ever notices .... Have you seen it?

Yeah im guessing that giving it a try won't hurt. They want me to sign up for a while but I need an insurance.

Trade referral sites like MyBuilder work very well if you know your way round them and there is enough demand. This is unknown to me though....

Its a con, it is just a way of you paying for advertising, I have heard this several times, I have had someone tell me they were phoning on behalf of gloucestershire police and I would get all the work relating to that, total rollocks, save your money and stick a card on the wall at the local cafe' lol

Yeah im guessing that giving it a try won't hurt. They want me to sign up for a while but I need an insurance.

Trade referral sites like MyBuilder work very well if you know your way round them and there is enough demand. This is unknown to me though....
get yourself a bit of `market research` here....before handin over any reddys and/or committin to owt...
that means taking a look round in there if you have a bit of spare time...
PS you were right to ask this in here...

If they've said what Adam has said above, don't go anywhere near it lol.

If work was tight i might fork out £40 cash in hand to homebase for a months trial - definitley wouldn't be thinking much more than that, because like glenn said most people that go into homebase/b&q have the intentions of doing the work themselves...

Reply to offer from Homebase in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net