Search the forum,

Discuss Overhead submain connection in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

kevyn

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been asked to wire a small 2 bay cow shed in time for the dark nights coming in. Supply comes from a 2 wire overhead which is supplying the adjacent shed in a 2.5mm 6242Y (overhaed on bracket on my cow shed). No chance of connecting to the other shed as it is too far away. In my shed it will only be supplying two single anti corrosive flourescents and a socket. Overhead protected by a switch fuse down in main farm building dont know the rating though.

What do I connect up my shed with bearing in mind I will have to connect to the overhead?

The supply from the farm you say is a 2 core from the main switch fuse from the farm house. Then there is a T+E connected onto this 2 core to another shed ?

I'm assuming then that the system is a TT system. As i'm assuming the earth part of the T+E is connected.
You will need to know a few things ,

size of the overhead cables in mm^,
protection device and rating for those overheads,
length of run of the overheads,
how far is the shed from the existing supply.
Is the existing PVC T+E suitable for the enviroment it is in,
If your running sockets you will need a 30mA RCD for protection if your sockets are rated less that 32a.

Reply to Overhead submain connection in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Newly qualified electrician here who is in the process of re-wiring my own property. I have recently converted my old CU (if I can call...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Long week, lots of health-related issues have me a bit distracted, and this bathroom rework project has got me completely stumped. I'm an...
Replies
Views
Greetings everyone. My first post here, having read a similar thread, I understand that following the manufacturers guidance is all important...
Replies
Views
So I have been asked to look at a job which includes providing 2 submains (one for a small dwelling, the other for a small workshop/garage). The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock