Discuss P.I.R's occupancy sensors in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deathproof21

Hi,
I recently installed 3 pirs in a stairwell in some offices to the spec provided (B.E.G luxomat 180/R as they are suitable for fluorescent lighting and 3-wire version), the lights would stay on continually and not go off, when ive broke the circuit down to make sure non of the units where faulty, all the pirs will individually turn the lights on and off as they should, but once they are wired together in parallel they wont go off. When ive tested the circuit, when the lights should be off theres still a voltage of 70-75v on the switch live... also when ive put my tester on to test this voltage there have been times when doing so will make the lights go off. B.E.G sent me supposedly correct suppression packs to cure this which i then found out where incorrect.

Has anyone had any similar problems with pirs or could give me some advice if im missing something blatantly obvious.lol, ive done all the obvious fault finding on them. They are wired straight forward the circuit supply and switch live to the lights is at one of the switches with a 3-core cable to the other pirs.

Thanks

Malcolms idea is good.
You haven't got permanent and switch lives swapped over between fittings?
Have you tried just two PIRs and see if this works, trying the combinations to see if there is one that is passing voltage when off.
Can you get the correct suppression fittings?

yeah the 5 lights have emergency packs, is it a back feed off them, i mentioned this to the guy i spoke to at BEG and he didnt seem to think it would have any effect

Reply to P.I.R's occupancy sensors in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net