Discuss Part P advice and possible 17th ed upgrade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

WorthM

Good evening electricians!

I'm after your expertise. Have just joined the forum today. A bit about myself, I currently have an NVQ 3 in engineering, city and guilds Lv 3 (2330) 16th edition, HNC Lv 5 electrical engineering and PLC programming and currently doing my degree in engineering. My background is industrial, installation in factories, robots, maintenance on machines etc. I'm looking for some advice on domestic installations, I want to install a consumer unit in my house but don't possess a part p for the certificate. Instead of paying someone else to do it, was wondering the best route to take so I can do it myself? As it would be handy to have for private jobs in the future. Will I need to upgrade to 17th ed first before taking part P? I passed 2330 in 2008 so would I have to do the full week for 17th ed upgrade? And how long does a part P last? Just weighing up the cost to see if it would be worth it.

hope you're all well

kind regards

you only need to do the 17th. then apply to one of the scams .soon you might need 2394/5 as well. elecsa do a welcome pack which tells you all you need to join. forget taking any form of part pee course. waste of money because part pee is a building regulation, can be downloaded from planning portal. all you need is to comply.

dont need part p, wait till after jan if you are going to take 17th.

amendment 3 comes into force on july next year.

its better to join a scam because they deal with building control for you and its a lot cheaper

but don't possess a part p for the certificate.
Thanks for asking in the rest of it, I'm fine mate. However, no one possesses a part p
It's a building regulation mate, don't let anyone tell you that you need to do a course in how to comply with it. If you're installing to 7671 you're installing to part p.
It's bollox mate

Thanks for asking in the rest of it, I'm fine mate. However, no one possesses a part p
It's a building regulation mate, don't let anyone tell you that you need to do a course in how to comply with it. If you're installing to 7671 you're installing to part p.
It's bollox mate
part p is the same as pat testing utter bollox to an electrician.

pat testing is just to satisfy hs for care takers to test appliances

Reply to Part P advice and possible 17th ed upgrade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net