Discuss Part P non notifiable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I’m currently undertaking my nvq after passing my level 3 electrical installation course, I’m looking to do small work for family friends etc but would like to know what jobs are non notifiable according to the part p regulations. I have tried looking and found various different answers and thought someone on here will know that exact answer. Thanks in advance.

You don't have Part P or insurance?

You need to read the document, all jobs also need certifying but there's a lot of other stuff which may or may not affect what you are doing.

You can read or download the documents here: here: Approved Documents | Planning Portal - https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200135/approved_documents[/QUOTE

Not fully qualified yet so no to part p and insurance, was only looking to do odd jobs like change light fittings, sockets switches and such nothing drastic I’ve seen there is things that council need notification of and things they don’t

Sod that, we've all done PJ's (private jobs). I used to get invited to Sunday lunch, now I'm quite partial to a bottle Scottish amber nectar ;)

Cough cough of course, that's not the sensible advice.

Doing work on other people's property without insurance is not advised.... Make a mistake, break something or worse and your pocket has to pay
double insulated loft, old brittle pipework on a joist, an elbow joint parralell to the joist, guess where my foot went?

cue water everywhere

I found it surprisingly cheap to add business use to my vehicle insurance.
I need it because I do not have a permanent place of work, not because I use a vehicle for work.
As for non-notifiable work, it’s anything that is not a CU change, a new circuit or entails working within a bathroom zone.

HMRC so they are aware of your 2nd income

Your insurance company do they are aware that you use your vehicle for business.

This one is essential , if you get stopped your insurance will be void and your car will go to the compound + a fine and points. It is a hefty amount to get the car back too

Anything that isn't a dwelling, so for example a stable, or a storage shed, providing it is on it's own land, not attached to a dwelling.

Reply to Part P non notifiable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net