Discuss Part P of the Building Regs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pushrod

I believe that Part P of the building regs is currently or just about to be reviewed by the government. Take the time to write a few lines to your MP HERE to say that the fees to these unnecessary schemes are ridiculously high and that LABC charges for qualified people are also too high and unfair.

A car driver takes their test, passes, gets their licence, and then can drive until they prove themselves to be incompetent.
A teacher takes their exams does a probationary year and then is permanently qualified and got a nice plastic card from the GTC (General Teaching Council) saying they were a qualified teacher. Why the constant need for re-assessment of electricians. After all you only choose work that you are confident on for assessment.

Yes you might choose to join a scheme for professional support and updates - that is fine , but it is your choice.

I wrote and suggested a one off photo ID card showing qualifications rather like a driving licence and a website explaining them to the general public.

These organisations are currently producing surveys that suggest everything is fine - hardly surprising that they want to perpetuate their own existence. Do you think these fees will do anything but go up year on year! 5 mins of your time now could help bring about a useful change! This government say they are about making things simpler to work and reducing red tape, but we need to tell them.

Well got a thank you acknowledgement email from his secretary, but it also says my MP wants to reply in person.
Anyone else tried writing a few lines to their MP?

Reply to Part P of the Building Regs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net