Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Part P in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

welshgit

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Anybody signed up with ELECSA?

Thinking of snubbing NICEIC and going with ELECSA just wondering if anybody has any advice on this?

I am looking for good service and value for money. As a domestic sparks I am not concerned so much with commercial or industrial.

I have heard that the NIC are more expensive so not an attractive choice.

Help :confused::confused::confused:

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

4x4 mark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
im with elecsa found them to be good value for money, tech phone line if you need help, pleasant helpful people. web site is a bit basic but very usable

C

Cirrus

I was gonna join ELECSA over NIC but don't need to now (for a while). Seem a perfectly well organised and run company unlike NIC

W

welshgit

cheers guys,

it seems that sometimes that they all have their strengths and loyal followers which doesn't help with deciding where to plough your hard earned cash!!:(

Snobbery is rife as NICEIC are the most recognised and requested yet when I ask the customer why, they have no answer except that they assumed it was a requirement like City & Guilds.

I fear the public need to be educated more than anticipated on part p and part p authorities.

Welshgit

S

Shakey

cheers guys,

it seems that sometimes that they all have their strengths and loyal followers which doesn't help with deciding where to plough your hard earned cash!!:(

Snobbery is rife as NICEIC are the most recognised and requested yet when I ask the customer why, they have no answer except that they assumed it was a requirement like City & Guilds.

I fear the public need to be educated more than anticipated on part p and part p authorities.

Welshgit
thats the problem though aint it - its perception

Has anyone sat the EAL 17th edition? Of course not, because C&G are recognised, its the same with NICEIC

I am currently installing an electric boiler for feeding radiators, the manufacuturers instructions say it MUST be installed by a NICEIC registered electrician.. Of course this is hogwash, but its about perception.

I wonder, would the gurantee be invalid now because i am not NIC and have contravend the manufacturers instruction?:p:rolleyes:

W

wayne

shakey ,put that boiler down and get a qualified electrician:p

S

salisbury spark

bit late i know -but for anyone new to this thread..

ELECSA has a 6 week wait for the 'visit' - which may cause problems with timing leaving your existing 'robbing' body and have to notify to LABC or have an'agreement' with custmer over paperwork...

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Part P in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom