Discuss PAT test class 1 appliance no plug in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
What is best practice when unable to access a plug on a class 1 appliance. Specifically a washing machine in this instance. There is also no isolation point where it is wired into so the plug is definitely behind f the machine but completely unreachable

This topic ( well a mix of EICR and PAT/ISITEE) cropped up in 2018, and in general the comments seemed to suggest asking the property owner/ landlord to move the offending appliance so the plug is accessible, or if that isn't done, not test it and report that fact.

Without access to the plug you can't properly test & inspect.

Other than simply reporting that fact, the only other thing to do it check that any metal you can get a test probe on (e.g. screw head, etc) is showing a low R to any nearby accessible socket's CPC which at least verifies some sort of earthing is present which is better than nothing at all.

Reply to PAT test class 1 appliance no plug in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I carry out PAT testing on landlord appliances for letting agents in rented accommodation. Occasionally some of the items I cannot access...
Replies
Views
I am a new PAT tester for a school, and I am stuck testing a plasma globe. It has a two core wire going to it, but no class 2 mark on the...
Replies
Views
I purchased a new-build apartment 10 years ago, which came with a fitted oven and microwave. Both appliances are described by the manufacturer...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am currently learning and have come across PAT testing an old chandelier. On modern lamps I would use the plug and probe on the...
Replies
Views
Hello My dear old mother tried to clean the tiles in our utility room by using a damp rag and I think some water may have dripped into our plug...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock