Discuss Pat testing toilet trailer/ welfare unit??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Markspark81

Hi guys,

just need some advice I've been asked to test a toilet trailer and a welfair unit? As its portable can I just do a pat test or will I need to do a full elc?

just wondered how can I do live tests on eic cert as it will be changing all the time?

is there any mention of this in the regs or on site guide?

cheers

Mark

Yeah I thought that.

so is a pat test ok for this?

no just do a EICR and record the dead tests. whats it going to be all of two/3circuits at most to Find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards,Identify any defective electrical work,Highlight any lack of earthing, etc. what are you planning to do stick a nice green passed PAT sticker to the door lol?

proper electrical test , does it have a consumer unit , im sure this would come under the class of mobile units , so wouldnt be classed as portable

Hi guys. I've just joined this forum and reading this topic as it is my line of work, I've been on the 3day " modular and portable buildings pdi electrical safety course" passed it but as I'm not an electrician I'm very limited what I can and allowed to do, The tests I will be doing on the units ask for records of ,continuity,insulation resistance, rcd trip tests, the main problem I have is on the course the RCD tests were caried out with a Megger on the plug sockets. but.. Our units are hard wired so only 13amp fused spur.. So the only way I can think of doing this is to Change over to a socket to test then re-fit the spur? This will be at 4 spurs... Any thoughts or jokes,lol. Scott

Hi guys. I've just joined this forum and reading this topic as it is my line of work, I've been on the 3day " modular and portable buildings pdi electrical safety course" passed it but as I'm not an electrician I'm very limited what I can and allowed to do, The tests I will be doing on the units ask for records of ,continuity,insulation resistance, rcd trip tests, the main problem I have is on the course the RCD tests were caried out with a Megger on the plug sockets. but.. Our units are hard wired so only 13amp fused spur.. So the only way I can think of doing this is to Change over to a socket to test then re-fit the spur? This will be at 4 spurs... Any thoughts or jokes,lol. Scott

Sorry mate but how are you supposed to test an installation if you don't know the real basics? It's not a dig but how would you know if a test result was within its limits etc.

I can see ya point , but it's not what I was asking? And don't worry when I say I'm limited to what I can do. I meant Legally .. There's further courses and qualifications needed for that, Scott.

An RCD test should not be carried out at a socket! It should be carried out at the outgoing terminals of the RCD with the outgoing wiring disconnected.

Reply to Pat testing toilet trailer/ welfare unit??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net