Discuss Payment for a job. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I smell a thread closure! That ban stick aint too far away either. Not that I disagree with you, nor do I think you are in any way antisemitic but I'd edit that last post pretty sharpish.

I'm gonna get my oar in pretty quick whilst I can!

There ARE generalisations and stereotypes which I DO believe are true - I'm pretty well travelled and have worked with all races and creeds across the globe - and as someone else has already said, every flavour of human culture has it's rotten apples but also has it's diamonds - you learn to spot which is which as a life skill.

I also think there's lots of mileage to be had in bartering schemes/local currency etc etc, just so long as it is actually a fair exchange, and the value of one service for another is weighted accordingly. Unfortunately, this is also the point of a standard currency which we have to acquire at some point as it's the only thing that banks and the government will trade in!!

I smell a thread closure! That ban stick aint too far away either. Not that I disagree with you, nor do I think you are in any way antisemitic but I'd edit that last post pretty sharpish.

Generalizations are one thing, as long as the posts aren't racist it's fine with me.

Bartering is common in many cultures, in fact I'd go so far as to say that those cultures in which it's not practiced or it's frowned upon are in a minority by far. Living and working in Africa I'm no stranger to bartering and more often than not it can be a very beneficial arrangement to all parties concerned (with the exception of the taxman obviously)

No I won't withdraw or edit my post. Whoever it was who posted that Asians are tight made an unjustifiable generalisation, so to illustrate the irrationality of it I point out another race who are historically reputed to be tight. No difference. This is my last word on the subject - I am not getting into an argument on racism or antisemitism. For the record I am neither. If anyone points out my 'combat 18' picture, read the post attached to it.

No I won't withdraw or edit my post. Whoever it was who posted that Asians are tight made an unjustifiable generalisation, so to illustrate the irrationality of it I point out another race who are historically reputed to be tight. No difference. This is my last word on the subject - I am not getting into an argument on racism or antisemitism. For the record I am neither. If anyone points out my 'combat 18' picture, read the post attached to it.

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to cause offence but I feel I must clarify that I DON'T think you're antisemitic, nor do I think you're a racist, in fact your post made me giggle and similar jokes like that I will casually share amongst like minded friends who like me believe there is only one race; the human race, and that making jokes about different races, classes, creeds, religions, sexes, political beliefs, looks, disabilities etc... are only words at the end of the day and are meaningless. They don't neccessarily represent how you view the world. However, I am aware of the uber PC type (who I generally detest) that will happily start ranting and raving about racism this and racism that when clearly this isn't the case. These PC idiots hide round the corners you least expect and crop up in every walk in life and for the sheer purpose of avoiding confrontation with such people I tend not to joke about these sorts of things in the public domain. My advice was only that and was not intended to insult or accuse, only to make you aware that you never know who's reading this stuff who might one day pull the race card when you least expect OR want it to be pulled.

I too have had payments problems with Indian Rest. The last time took 6 months to pay me 600 pounds at 100 a month. I now ignore
him. Chinese too, always a languige problem. I ignore them too. Like the idea of family round for free to clear the bill. How do you account
for this in your accounts for Tax ?

Reply to Payment for a job. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net