• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Please check wiring for Battery backup light in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi. Can someone let me know if this is right? I have a Led light which has emergency battery backup. Trying to figure out if what I have worked out is right.

Top A in the picture goes to the EM Basic Emergency module which has Lin written on it which says is switched line in the manual.

Blue wire (N) goes to Neutral on Ballast and on the Emergency Module

Bottom A in picture goes to EM Basic Emergency module that says L which says it is Unswitched Line in the manual

So at the moment I think I have worked out that the top A should be Positive to a power cord

E on the board should be connected to Earth on the power coard.

and the Bottom A / L Should be Negative.

Can someone confirm this is right? Just haven't had to deal with both AC and DC in lights before. Thanks.

TL;DR
Is this the correct wiring for battery backup lights?

Attachments

• light 1.jpg
    light 1.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 11
  • light 2.jpg
    light 2.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 11
SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I don’t think the A and A’ are anything to do with the dc side. They will be the switched and unswitched lines.

the + and - , red and black are marked as batt +ve and -ve Should go to the battery.

Reply to Please check wiring for Battery backup light in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net