Search the forum,

Discuss Please Help Christmas mony at stake MATV System for a block of 40 flats in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OI! The last person to call me that ended up with 2 bans for stupidity so be careful. Don't want you catching that and getting banned mate :)

Sorry TREV.
And thanks for the heads up about the Ban.

Well obviously the guy has never heard of stage payments or valuations as we more experienced business men call them. I would never install 40 sub-mains without some payment during and the rest straight after, well 30 days max, thats just plain crazy doing a job complete then waiting to get paid.

Well obviously the guy has never heard of stage payments or valuations as we more experienced business men call them. I would never install 40 sub-mains without some payment during and the rest straight after, well 30 days max, thats just plain crazy doing a job complete then waiting to get paid.
or interim payments as even more experienced business men call them.

Hey guys, I have a major problem. I have just run in 40 submains and re powered the communal's in a pre-existing block of flats. The company I'm doing the work for will not pay me until the communal TV system is up and running. That's got nothing to with me. Sadly, they thinks it does. They are claiming that I agreed to fit and install the TV at the same time as the duct work for each flat. They asked me to quote for it. I didn't. They presumed it was in the quote, though written in invisible ink, cause it certainly wasn't.

They owe me thousands. And, I do mean the wrong side of 7k

I have to fit an MATV system. The one block of 40 units is divided into 2 blocks of 20 units, in Southampton. There is two Lucy boards with two landlords supplies available.

Recommended type of Aerial? Boosters?

This is my plan - install two MATV systems for each 20 units. I know that I need to bring the signals to all the units (using satellite cable for this - not shotgun, only digital TV required). My plan is to install two high quality Digital TV Aerials on the roof. Run two cables from it to two 12 way Boosters. This would apply for both sides of the 20 units. All of the cables going to the units as well a from the aerial will be earthed due to the potential earth leakage from each unit. I also need to buy a reasonably priced TV signal meter.

I have to be honest here guys. This is my Christmas money for the family at stake here. My wife does not know. This company is becoming very difficult. I will be paid the final instalment. There's been no money problems before

Any advice is gladly received, I can't afford to have two Christmases in a row with my kids masking their dejection

Please, No screaming preachers about legal action, or get a professional in, I have tried, once they hear the above they are walking away, and won't even advise me

It should be noted that the client has agreed that I locate the new TV outlet in each unit adjacent to the new power supply, this is for the new owners to take it from there.
I may have this upside down,but does this mean they have made all other payments,before imposing this additional work? Embarrassing or otherwise,my friend,you must give us the full story...:icon12:

Hey guys, I have a major problem. I have just run in 40 submains and re powered the communal's in a pre-existing block of flats. The company I'm doing the work for will not pay me until the communal TV system is up and running. That's got nothing to with me. Sadly, they thinks it does. They are claiming that I agreed to fit and install the TV at the same time as the duct work for each flat. They asked me to quote for it. I didn't. They presumed it was in the quote, though written in invisible ink, cause it certainly wasn't.
Serves you right for trusting them.

They owe me thousands. And, I do mean the wrong side of 7k
Tough

I have to fit an MATV system. The one block of 40 units is divided into 2 blocks of 20 units, in Southampton. There is two Lucy boards with two landlords supplies available.

Recommended type of Aerial? Boosters?
Shuttle launcher

This is my plan - install two MATV systems for each 20 units. I know that I need to bring the signals to all the units (using satellite cable for this - not shotgun, only digital TV required). My plan is to install two high quality Digital TV Aerials on the roof. Run two cables from it to two 12 way Boosters. This would apply for both sides of the 20 units. All of the cables going to the units as well a from the aerial will be earthed due to the potential earth leakage from each unit. I also need to buy a reasonably priced TV signal meter.
Why have you got to fit the system?

I have to be honest here guys. This is my Christmas money for the family at stake here. My wife does not know. This company is becoming very difficult. I will be paid the final instalment. There's been no money problems before
You want sympathy?

Any advice is gladly received, I can't afford to have two Christmases in a row with my kids masking their dejection
Get a divorce and leave the kids with her also cut up her credit card up.

Please, No screaming preachers about legal action, or get a professional in, I have tried, once they hear the above they are walking away, and won't even advise me
I wonder why?

It should be noted that the client has agreed that I locate the new TV outlet in each unit adjacent to the new power supply, this is for the new owners to take it from there.

You are joking? No one can be that stupid!

@Marvo, can you pls move this to the arms and give the OP access? Then the OP can post up his paperwork and we can help properly.

Move a guy with one post into the arms=Are you kidding? might as well just let anyone in.

It's the only way that I can think of that he can share information with enough of us to be useful without it being found by the main contractor. He seems genuinely in a bind, albeit through naivety.

Reply to Please Help Christmas mony at stake MATV System for a block of 40 flats in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net