Discuss Previously installed cables in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

harrymonkfish

I have been asked to finish off a job that was started 8 years ago.

outbuilding turned into an office. the lighting and power circuits were installed back then and the room finished off with plasterboard etc.

the guy wants me to bring power from the house to the building, put in small consumer unit, test the circuits, install accessories and connect the circuits.

any thoughts on this?

thanks
harry

I think a call to your scheme provider may be in order.

At the end of the day, you can only sign off what YOU have done.

If its for LABC, then give them a call as more often than not, they will accept a PIR rather than an install cert.

I did a similar job to this cables run in by someone else and they wanted me to put in the CU plus the accessories.

On my installation cert I clearly listed what I did, and what I did not do. A PIR on the previously installed work is the best way to go. In my case it was only wires so I just noted on the installation that wiring was installed by others and commented on what I could see.

Reply to Previously installed cables in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views
I was asked to see why a set of sockets weren’t working in the house (which appear to be a ring circuit based on breakers) There was no power on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a client who is developing a plot of land for a single house. Currently, their 100 amp service cut-out is in a cubicle fed by...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock