Discuss Pricing/Quoting jobs - Advice or tips from anyone?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jrc would have that polished off by lunchtime on the 1st day

you have 52 points + board + cert = 1935 so you charged 37£ per point + board and cert included

i would have defiantly slapped another 500£ to be honest but still not bad as it is empty property

What about bonding? Are you a scheme member or are you paying LABC to test?

Need to bond gas and water but there not too far from the board.

I'm not a scheme member so will be paying then extortionate cost to get LABC to come and check my work and watch me perform the test

send a copy of your quals to labc officer and register with them as a qualified electrician and tell them that you have not joined a scam,they can then look at the job after completion and should not charge more than £60-100 dependant on labc,its a little known fact that qualified sparks can do this if they do not carry out much work within the scope of part p of the building regs.If you test/issue cert for your work then they cant send another sparks out to test it,they dont give a stuff anyway/only care when something goes wrong.

send a copy of your quals to labc officer and register with them as a qualified electrician and tell them that you have not joined a scam,they can then look at the job after completion and should not charge more than £60-100 dependant on labc,its a little known fact that qualified sparks can do this if they do not carry out much work within the scope of part p of the building regs.If you test/issue cert for your work then they cant send another sparks out to test it,they dont give a stuff anyway/only care when something goes wrong.

The LABC told me that because I was going to carry out a full rewire, and install in a special location it was deemed as notifiable under Part P and I had to be Part P registered or with a scheme.

They then went on to say that if i paid £535 they would send out a spark to check my 1st and 2nd fix and then watch me carry out a test. This spark would then give the LABC the nod that i was ok and they would issue a completion cert to the property.

As this property is being sold straight after the work is complete I'm assuming i will need this completion cert off them, and so will have to go down the route they have told me. Is this not correct??

If not can you please expand abit more on what i need to do as i don't really want to pay all that money.

The LABC told me that because I was going to carry out a full rewire, and install in a special location it was deemed as notifiable under Part P and I had to be Part P registered or with a scheme.

They then went on to say that if i paid £535 they would send out a spark to check my 1st and 2nd fix and then watch me carry out a test. This spark would then give the LABC the nod that i was ok and they would issue a completion cert to the property.

As this property is being sold straight after the work is complete I'm assuming i will need this completion cert off them, and so will have to go down the route they have told me. Is this not correct??

If not can you please expand a bit more on what i need to do as i don't really want to pay all that money.

Some councils are slightly more sensible and human than others and will accept that as you are a fully competent electrician who will be completing all the necessary inspection, testing and certification, a reduced fee may be appropriate, from what you say your council are low on the intelligence scale as usual and will not permit this, unfortunately.
It is part of the building regulations that a council can decide the appropriate fee for the work they have to do and if there is a fully completed installation certificate their work is minimal.
But unless you can convince your council otherwise you are stuck with the charge, sadly.

EDIT:
Quote from stockport council website as an example "In order to recover the Local Authority costs if anyone other than a Part P registered electrician undertakes the electrical work the reduced charge is not applicable"

They must have a price breakdown on the website for non registered but qualified electricians.The price they quoted you seems for a diy dave and it would need a full check on 1st/2nd fix and completion but not you.

If not can you please expand abit more on what i need to do as i don't really want to pay all that money.

for less than that amount, you can join elecsa. do the job, certify it and use that job for your elecsa assessment. then notify through them.

So have you included that £535 in the price above? You might as well spend £475 and get a years membership of a scheme!

Reply to Pricing/Quoting jobs - Advice or tips from anyone?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net