Discuss Pricing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

£4-13/11¾d + VAT

If you really want to know, phone around some electricians in your area.

I’ve never done domestic work (ask the girlfriend), if I did I certainly wouldn’t be saying what I charge in open forum.

If it's your first, I'd allow a day for the test..............and a day and a half for completing the form.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know what prices people are quoting for condition report's.

So the questions are:

1. Where in the UK are you?
2. What size of property?
3. When was the last report done?
4. Will you be given the last report?
5. To what detail do the owners want?
6. Are you going to do it properly?
7. Are you going to fill it out whilst driving past?

honestly, estimate the time it will take and then multiply the hours by your hourly rate. or price per circuit.

£150 is a fair price, you'd need to do 2 a day though to make it pay, cover costs, tools, test meter, fuel, printing off the cert.

To do 2 a day in my opinion you are not doing them fully I would say you want 6 hrs to do a comfortable one.

Your right Murdoch I meant 6 hrs for test and I agree 2 hrs for paperwork so yes a full day for one test, I think sometimes people forget silly things like having to move furniture etc to find hidden sockets and spurs.

I try my best Murdoch I don't believe in doing a percentage test either it is ok saying you have tested 30% of the installation and all is ok, but what if the other 70% is lethal and you just got lucky with the part you inspected, its all or nothing for me take it or leave it.

Reply to Pricing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I just started out recently and I’m struggling with what to price myself at. It’s worth noting I live in the east London area and I’m looking...
Replies
Views
I’ve been asked by a builder I know to rewire a property he’s renovating, I’ve been involved in a few rewires before but never priced one. Just...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just joined the site Iam a trainee electrician currently have my 18th edition and doing my level 2/3 diploma I have been working...
Replies
Views
Having some pricing debates in the office recently. What are people charging for EICR's at the moment? We're about 18.50 per circuit but recently...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock