Search the forum,

Discuss Problem reading in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

beaver74

HI ALL
CAN ANY ONE THINK OF A REASON FOR THE FOLLOWING
LIGHTING CIRCUIT WITH ONLY 3 FITTING AND SWITCHS WHEN TESTED SEPERATLY >299 WHEN CONNECTED 150Mohms WHICH YES I KNOW IS OK BUT THIS HAS JUST BEEN WIRED RETURMINATED INCASE THERE WAS A PROBLEM WHEN TERMINATED POSITION ALL CONDUCTOR BY TERMINAL TO SEE IF BENDING WAS THE PROBLEM >299 PUT MEGGAR TO BRICK WORK OVER 2.5M LENGTH 3.2Mohm
I CAN'T THINK OF A WAY THIS CAN BE HAPPENING AND DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF INSTALLING A CIRCUIT WITH OUT A PERFECT INSULATION READING

ANY IDEA

Readings to be proud of think your gonna end up having an anxiety attack in the future if this is worrying you now, when your readings dont meet regulations then its time to get confused.

Readings to be proud of think your gonna end up having an anxiety attack in the future if this is worrying you now, when your readings dont meet regulations then its time to get confused.

not anxiety just never had a reading this low for a circuit of only maybe 50M here or there

not anxiety just never had a reading this low for a circuit of only maybe 50M here or there
Youll get a lot lower readings over time it can be anything from damp to squashed cable but as long as your readings are in the limits just write them down and forget, only look into them if the circuit has reported problems.

Reply to Problem reading in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net