Search the forum,

Discuss Professional Electrician Mag- safety shield in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

atm84

-
Reaction score
Anyone read the latest edition of PE which has a feature of the safety shield eliminating the need of having to go back to a job to second fix.

Anyone used them?

Can't see them taking off, who is going to leave a builder to screw back sockets not to mention the damage that could potentially be done to the sockets while the plasterer, tiler and decorator work around them.

Nice idea but in reality I don't think they will work.

Astroturfing?
Not come across that one before, what does it mean?

"Astroturf:
Pretending to be a grassroots movement, when in reality the agenda and strategy are controlled by a hidden, non-grassroots organization. In this manner, a faux show is presented, consisting of robotic individuals pretending to be voicing their own opinions."

For example OP many posts, all about 1 product. IE, he has an agenda and is straight up advertising.

Edit, I did mis read the post count, however so hes not a new member lol

Quite clearly you don't know what you are on about sparkey Joe. That's liable. I was asking if anyone had seen an article. Can't see how that is classed as astro turfing.

Just another gimmick that won't get off the ground and will die the same death as all the other gimmicks that have come and gone over the years!!

amt84 is not advertising or posting for another reason than to ask a question. Such things are picked up every week and very quickly dealt with so the threads can run smoothly for everyone. He has not even posted up a link to what he is talking about. Lets move on gents.

My personal input about his question is that the sockets are not 2nd fixed until fixed to the wall, so how can they be tested & certificated before hand? Very easy for any one of the wires to be disconnected whilst taking the box off and screwing the socket or switch to the wall by a plasterer!!! Electricians should use them, not any other trades. Testing is done once the sockets and switches are on the wall, not before hand.

Last edited:
i use yoozy boxes when it's necessary to have the power on before plastering/decorating. useful if used correctly and stop the boxes being gunged up with plaster.

Reply to Professional Electrician Mag- safety shield in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back