Discuss questions re domestic eicr testing please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Newg, the electrician who pm'd you works with me - he's been out on calls all day and will probably respond later.
We pride ourselves in providing an honest assessment of an electrical installation. We will offer if requested, a fixed price for any remedial work, but as said elsewhere, there is no requirement to use the same company to do both the EICR & any remedials.
Truth is, as with any trade/profession, there are good and bad. Like most electricians on this site, pride in our work, customer satisfaction and a fair pricing structure is core to what we do.
As for pricing, again like most here, we do not publish this on a public forum, but are happy to offer a fixed price for an inspection regime, agreed in advance....oh, and public liability & professional indemnity insurance is included!

"We pride ourselves in providing an honest assessment of an electrical install... Like most electricians on this site, pride in our work, customer satisfaction and a fair pricing."

Thanks for your post. The whole reason I posted in the forum was to look for this kind of response.

Get quotes from a registered company or electrician from the NICEIC or SELECT, cost should be £180 to £200 and take around 6 hours. If there are codes which require rectification work, also get quotes for this work from the NICEIC etc.; don't just get the work done by the original contractor, that way you have a cross check for the probable validity of any codes for rectification work.

If you are considering renting the property out, you would need to be registered with the local authority, it is a criminal offence not to be so. Also, 5 year mandatory electrical inspections for rented properties are about to be, or are currently in place for these.

Regards

Hi, sorry to gate crash the thread. Been offered a contract this week 3 to 4 electrical condition reports a day. For you guessed it £40 per property.. What you guys reckon. So they are expecting 20 propertys a week for about £600. Then they tax you. Then you wait the 60 days. Think they are having a laugh. Oh you do get a van and iPad and tester..

Hi, sorry to gate crash the thread. Been offered a contract this week 3 to 4 electrical condition reports a day. For you guessed it £40 per property.. What you guys reckon. So they are expecting 20 propertys a week for about £600. Then they tax you. Then you wait the 60 days. Think they are having a laugh. Oh you do get a van and iPad and tester..

Ha Ha:cowboy::deal:,:nono:

Do you have any pride in your work, if so do not continue past this point.

Exactly my thoughts. I was actually in shock. I said I'd turn up and have a look round for £40. No testing no tools. Basically open door look. Shut door and drive away quickly.

Get quotes from a registered company or electrician from the NICEIC or SELECT, cost should be £180 to £200 and take around 6 hours. If there are codes which require rectification work, also get quotes for this work from the NICEIC etc.; don't just get the work done by the original contractor, that way you have a cross check for the probable validity of any codes for rectification work.
Regards

Have you got share's in NICEIC or something??

Being a NICEIC registered part P electrician is no guarantee of anything least of all competence.

Have you got share's in NICEIC or something??

Being a NICEIC registered part P electrician is no guarantee of anything least of all competence.
Firstly, FYI part P is not applicable in Scotland, and secondly being registered is more of a guarantee of competency.

Regards

Firstly, FYI part P is not applicable in Scotland, and secondly being registered is more of a guarantee of competency.

Regards

Being registered with the NIVEIC guaranteed nothing!
Their standards have slipped beyond all recognition and they now register anyone who can afford the entry fee, competence or qualifications are not required!

Being registered with the NIVEIC guaranteed nothing!
Their standards have slipped beyond all recognition and they now register anyone who can afford the entry fee, competence or qualifications are not required!
Consider the alternatives, where it is a free for all with no standard body for an electrician's performance; that's what we have in Scotland unless a building warrant is required. I would prefer a licensing system for individuals in the electrical trades, like they have in the USA and elsewhere for different classes - wireman, licensed electricians, master electricians and licensed inspectors. What we have is not an ideal system, but it's the one we deserve!

Regards

Hi, thanks for the replies - though it seems to have gone a bit off course somewhere!

The reason I re posted the thread, is because the original was in the DIY forum. I got a pm from an electrician in Glasgow offering for the work. I asked him to reply in the thread and he didn't think he could because access to that thread is limited?

Anyway, still hoping that a Glasgow based electrician may chip in at some point :)

Thanks

Please feel free to contact me via Private message should you require a quote for the work I am Glasgow Based

Reply to questions re domestic eicr testing please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net