Discuss RCBO Replacement under 18th Edition in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

phisically check each one and test each properly though? Board change just seems ott when parts for this board are readily available
By the time you have ponced about testing, checking, modifying etc, would it not better all round to go or a replacement? I thinks so that is the reason I gave a disagree.

It has always been a bone of contention that dual rcd boards do not comply with current Regulations whereby a fault on one circuit will affect other circuits, obviously avoided with the use of rcbos. Maybe the OPs electrician has taken note of Reg 531.3.5.2 in the 18th Ed which seems to permit the use of a dual rcd board unless there are restrictions on circuit selectively. I think Doc will like this:D

I gave you an optimistic, because it may NOT be able to get spares separately, time and effort would be better used in fitting the new CU, IMO anyway.
With most of the major manufacturers, I find if you call them in the morning a majority of the time a component is sent and with me the next day a day later to this. It depends upon how quick the consumer unit needs to be up and running.

By the time you have ponced about testing, checking, modifying etc, would it not better all round to go or a replacement? I thinks so that is the reason I gave a disagree.

Youd have to perform the same tests on new rcbos anyway, and pinging out and swapping the top bar isnt a big deal as it looks fairly sparse in there, hopefully the OP will keep us updated with what gets done, alltgough i doubt it

As above, like for like. Sounds like he's trying to fob you off with a split load board which, although is in the spirit of current regulations, isn't fully compliant with them for division of circuits.

TBH if the RCBOs are in good condition then I would be tempted to just get another bare unit from Screwfix and swap the plastic bits over.
Actually the 18th edition mentions that one or more circuits can be protected by a common rcd subject to other applicable regulations such as this new 30% value of the rcd for earth leakage to the shared circuits on the same rcd

On a slight tangent, I know it's considered good or accepted practice to put your circuits in order of load/OCPD rating from the main switch but with RCBO boards I like mixing them up to avoid build up of heat in one area.
itusedto be back in the days when old busbars preferred the heavier loads closer to the main switch, but not been considered good practice since pete999 got out of nappies

On a slight tangent, I know it's considered good or accepted practice to put your circuits in order of load/OCPD rating from the main switch but with RCBO boards I like mixing them up to avoid build up of heat in one area.
A lot of manufacturers recommend mixing light and heavy loads along the boards to avoid mutual heating and magnetic effects.

itusedto be back in the days when old busbars preferred the heavier loads closer to the main switch, but not been considered good practice since pete999 got out of nappies
Can't remember that far back Tel

And yet the board which is the subject of this very thread has all the big stuff first and together, may have been a contributory factor to the molten mess.

Reply to RCBO Replacement under 18th Edition in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net