Discuss RCCB won't operate. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MBElectrical

Testing a RCCB installation off a Crabtree Starbreaker. TT installation. All non powered tests good however 30mA RCCB failed all tests. Even tried at the Dist. board still no joy. Replaced RCCB and still the same. Earth earth loop impedance via earth electrode is 248 ohms which although a tad high is within range. Is this a supply problem??

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Supply problem unlikely I'd have thought (prepared to be corrected though!).

More likely something with the board configuration (or the test kit!). I'd suggest you check the settings on the tester, and post a picture of the Consumer Unit as it's hard to be more specific on the info so far.

Does the test button on the RCD operate the device.
As sparkinlee says check the setting on your tester, on several occasions I have been scratching my head as to why an RCd wont trip only to realise I got the tester on the wrong mA range.
Also shorting N-E on any circuit should trip the RCD (even with that circuits MCB off)

''248 ohms but it's within range'' Really?? Just as well your trying to sort out that RCD device then!!! This installation will have naff all else protecting it against earth faults will it!!!........

Reply to RCCB won't operate. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Would like some advice on the below. Context: Rural French domestic installation TT system Earth rod is situated inside the property...
Replies
Views
Good Morning everyone. Quick question regarding a sub main from a TNCS supply feeding an outbuilding on TT. This is a domestic installation not...
Replies
Views
I’m a trainee electrician and would really appreciate the benefit of someone’s skill and experience on the following: Our house is a TN-C-S (100A...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have recently installed a sub main in 4mm 3-core SWA, approx length 45 metres, to feed a small garden office. Final circuits in the...
Replies
Views
I work in the events industry which works under 7909. This assumes that someone qualified 7671 etc has tested the distor's and designed a system...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock