Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Recessed consumer units in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Does anyone know of a decent recessed consumer unit?

Needs to be 6ways with a surge so 8ways total with a main switch

Timbo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Google comes up with some.
There is a Hager 10 way. Depends on your preference.

T

Toneyz

I had to fit a recessed Hager consumer unit with a metal recess and plastic cover (before we went all metal) was easy to fit I think that they do/did an on-line video showing install, looked good too.
Why a recessed one?

ashrow

-
Arms
Wylex do a over sized cover for their standard boards, just fit the board in the wall and after plastering fit the new cover in replacement of the old supplied cover

T

Toneyz

Wylex do a over sized cover for their standard boards, just fit the board in the wall and after plastering fit the new cover in replacement of the old supplied cover
Wylex don't seem to get much of a mention on here when regading to domestic consumer units.

ashrow

-
Arms
Wylex don't seem to get much of a mention on here when regading to domestic consumer units.
That may be so but they do what the OP needed and their miniature RCBO's are great, shame there is not 40amp yet
A bit pricey compare to the Lewden stuff i mostly use but thats life

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had to fit a recessed Hager consumer unit with a metal recess and plastic cover (before we went all metal) was easy to fit I think that they do/did an on-line video showing install, looked good too.
Why a recessed one?
The existing consumer unit that i'm replacing is recessed and she wants to keep it that way.

Has one retro fitted an SPD device? Only fitted ones that come with the board, im guessing you feed the SPD from an MCB along with a N & E

mattg4321

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hager again here. You don't have to get the box absolutely spot on at first fix stage as the depth is adjustable as Richy mentions above

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Recessed consumer units in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom