Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Recommendations for a Voltage Indicator and Proving Unit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

The tester I have also bleeps on continuity - I hate that as I'm usually checking for safety and periodically jump then realise it a different f'ing bleep for N-E continuity and not L-N reversal and still energised!

The previously resommended Fluke 2 pole testers allow their buzzer to be silenced.

Think I remember reading specs of a tester from some manufacturer (although I could be wrong about this) that also vibrated for use in noisey environments - that would take some getting used to!

Aico 3000
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

RDB85

-
Trainee
The tester I have also bleeps on continuity - I hate that as I'm usually checking for safety and periodically jump then realise it a different f'ing bleep for N-E continuity and not L-N reversal and still energised!

So I would go for one that does one job only - to check for volts. If buying another I would probably go for the Drummond, or something cheap like the "Kewtech Kewvolt 2" or "Socket & See VIP150" that also needs no battery. To be fair my one still warns if volts and no battery but i think the voltage-range LEDs don't light, so would go for one that does one simple job.

However, some folk like a simple continuity probe bleeper feature for other testing, and I know some folk who like the non-contact sort for seeing if something is live, but never use them to prove dead!

Thanks I like the Drummond, but they are quite expensive. I’m leaning towards one that doesn’t need batteries. The Socket and See looks similar to Martindale and the Proving Unit like the Megger.

Reply to Recommendations for a Voltage Indicator and Proving Unit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.